Chapter 1: The Opening

Sunset Shimmer lived in Canterlot with her parent, Sunshine Shimmer. Sunset was a little filly that was interested in one certain subject. Magic. She was intrigued by it on one day, when her mother was reading a spell book. "Mommy, what are you reading?"

Sunshine levitated the book with her magic to show her daughter. "It's just a book about spells, for magic."

"Magic?" Sunset inquired, looking at the book in wonder. "Can we read it, together?" Sunset's mother smiled and giggled. "Sure, we can," she flipped a page. "Let's see, I'll help you with one." she got up from the table.

"Help me?"

"Yes, I'll show you." Sunshine closed her eyes and began to use her magic. "Like, this!" she lifted up a vase into the air.

"Wow, that was great!" Sunset clapped her two hooves together. "Come on, I want to go next!"

"Ok, Sunset." Sunshine placed the vase back on the wooden table. "Now, you will try." she glanced at the filly. Sunset nodded her head, closed her eyes, struggling with her horn. "I-I... Almost got--" she finally levitated the vase but she accidentally dropped it. "It!" the vase broke and shattered to pieces. "Oopsy, I didn't mean to do that."

"Not the vase."

"I'm sorry, Mom," Sunset Shimmer apologized for the broken vase.

"It's alright, I kinda expected you to break it by accident." Sunshine Shimmer used her magic to get the broom and dust pan, sweeping broken pieces of the vase on the floor.

"You expected me to?"

"Of course, I did, it's your first time with your magic." Sunshine threw the shattered pieces of the vase in the garbage. "It just means that you have to practice more, so you can start getting the hang of it."

"In that case, I'll keep on studying magic," Sunset had a grin on her face.

"Are you sure? It's a very hard and serious thing to study on." Sunshine placed the spell book away in the book shelve. "I know, because I took that course, when I was a filly."

"You did?" Sunset turned to look at her. "Of course, Sunset, magic was my passion, but it was only for a temporary time." Sunshine looked at the clear window, remembering her past.

"Why was it, temporary?" Sunset walked up to her and looked at the window too.

"Because, I started a family and I had you, my little shining sun," Sunshine hugged her young daughter, who smiled at her.

"I can't believe, you chose me, over magic." Sunset broke up the hug and started to walk around her house-library. "And, there's actually more to magic, but you chose to keep your happy lifestyle, that had just begun."

"Well, Sunset, you always have to remember that, there's more than magic, that is out there."

More than magic? I wonder what mom could mean by that? Sunset thought to herself.

"Now... Let's go, Sunset!" Sunshine Shimmer teleported her and her daughter out of their own home and to outside in front of their house.

"Where are we, going?" Sunset Shimmer was by her mother's side.

"You'll find out!" the two started trotting away, the sun glistened in the light.

[Sunset Shimmer]
Oh...
La-la-la-la-la
Shimmer to the past (The past)
It doesn't even matter
as it won't ever last (Ever last)
My heart is now feeling
all broken and shattered
And it has to be healing