Chapter 7: To Know This World

Sunset Shimmer went in the library, and on her way there, some students gossiped about her and gave her odd looks, she ignored them, though. She went upstairs to read books, she thought it would be a quiet place for her, to be alone so no one would bother her, for her to calm down, and she would learn some new things.

She got so caught up in reading regular books that she didn't notice that it was already late. When she looked at the time on her clock, her eyes widened. "Oh, no! I can't believe I've been in here, for hours! It's time for me, to go!" she closed the book that she was holding and put it back in the book shelf.

Grabbing her backpack, she descended the staircase and ran to the door, pulling its handle but it didn't work. "NO! I'M LOCKED IN!" she was worried and she banged the door with her two fists, "Someone! Anybody! Let me out!" she sighed, closing her eyes and stopped hitting it with her hands. "It's no use, no one is going to hear me. It's probably the end of the school day." she looked up at the ceiling, that had a large glass window, that she can see from a far view. "No wonder, it's night. I guess, I have to stay here, for now, and get a good sleep, because... I don't have anywhere else, to stay for shelter."

Sunset went upstairs and slept on the floor. She woke up early in the morning and she checked to see if the door was open, to her surprise, it was. She happily got out of there and walked around the school. It was a Friday morning, everywhere she turned, she saw that teens were talking about her outburst that happened yesterday at the cafeteria. Wanting to forget, that it ever happened, she ran into a empty hall without giving any eye contact with anyone.

She ran into somebody, again. Flash Sentry. The two got back up. "So, we meet again, Sunset."

"Yah, we do."

"Listen, I wanted to talk to you, about something." said Flash.

"What is it?"

"I've heard rumors, that you made a outburst at lunch, yesterday, with Fluttershy and her friends. Is that... true?"

Sunset blushed in humiliation and scoffed. "So... what, if it happened!?"

"If it did, I would say, 'What got into you, back there? And, 'Why did you, have a bad attitude, when it happened?'"

"I-I..." Sunset didn't want to reveal the truth, instead, she lied about it. "It wasn't really me."

"What do you mean, it wasn't really you?"

"I mean, it wasn't me, but then..it kinda was. Just, ignore the rumors about me. I was just stressed out, which is why, I wasn't acting like myself. I didn't mean any of it."

"Really?" Flash scratched his head. "I'm so sorry, you're a new student here at CHS. So... I know, you can be stressed out, by just moving to a different school. You're in a new environment, a new home, and.. to make new friends."

"Yah, you got me, there!" Sunset giggled. "But, please.. don't tell anybody about this conversation, that we had."

"Why?"

"Because.. no one's going to understand me, if you ever tell anyone, about that. They wouldn't get it, when you're a 'new girl' at school, like me."

"I can see, why."

"Great!" Sunset smiled. "I'll see you around, Flash." she began to walk away.

Flash smiled to himself. "And remember, we NEVER had this conversation, Flash!"

"Yup, I got you with that, Sunset!" Sunset smirked to herself as she faded from his view.

★★★★★