Abayomi

~*A/N*~ I finished the cover today, ill work on the chapter tonight or tomorrow! I am very busy sorry guys! I changed the cover after the first one I was trying to do, WATTPAD Totally screwed with it. So I recolored one of my older drawings. He's not as dark and evil looking as I wanted but whatever!

Can you guys guess what land the story might take place in yet? >:)

Chapter One

The warm wind tickled my face as my eyelids drifted open. I was laying face down in the burning sand as the sun scorched high above the dessert sky. I slowly raised to my hands and knees. 'What land was I sent too and why do I feel so weak?' I watched as my arms shook, barely holding my weight up. It was unbearably hot. I felt dizzy and sick. I force myself up and glance at my surroundings. I was in the outskirts of a village. I looked down realizing the puzzle was hanging from my neck weighing me down. 'What the-?' My jacket and trousers were replaced with a cloth cloak. It was ragged and torn and I wore no shoes. I dragged myself though the sand towards to village. 'Maybe there's someone that could explain where I was and help me get some proper clothes.' I gazed around as I made my way through the various shops. 'Woah, I just some serious déjà vu!' A memory flashed through my mind of Yami dragging me through shops just like these when we were in Egypt running from the Japanese police. Tears prickle my eyes as I remember his smile as we walked together. I shake my head. 'I'm here to save him. No more crying!' I pull myself together and continue walking. Something seemed different about these shops. They seemed so run down looking. People sat on carpets instead of chairs. My curiosity turns into anxiety as I realize people are staring at me whispering amongst themselves. I turn to a small child and their mother.

"Mama, why does that boy have such light skin? Is he dying?" She glares at me in confusion before dragging her daughter away. I lift up my hands and arms into my vision. My bright white skin reflected the sun. Not only were they pale they were very skinny, more skinny then before. I rubbed my hand across my stomach as felt my ribs sticking out. I return my arms to my sides as I look around. Everyone was very dark skinned making all eyes lock onto me. I turn to a man at the shop beside me.

"Erm... Excuse me why is everyone dressed like peasants?" The mans eyes widened before standing up.

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" The man eyes filled with anger. "You dare mock me!?" He grabs a chain from under his wooden display whipping it at me. I quickly duck underneath his attack. The chain releases from his hand flying over my head and striking a man walking by. I quickly rise to my feet and flee. I glance over my shoulder to see a full brawl broken out between the men. I slip down an ally once I feel I'm far enough away. I slide down against the wall collapsing from exhaustion. 'Why am I so fatigued?' I grab the seam of my cloak near my chest pulling it away from my body. I stare inside to see how skinny I am. 'Am I starving?' I hear my stomach growl confirming my suspicions. I went through in my head everything I knew about this land. Horakhty did say that I was sent into a different world, but from what I've seen this is more like I've gone into the past. The past. The same woman dragging her daughter from before came through the ally this time not noticing my existence.

"Mama why!? Why are we hiding!?" The little girl stared into my eyes as her mother frantically dragged her past me. "Your hurting my wrist!"

"Hush! The Pharaoh mustn't know of our lives! Or he'll enslave us!"

'Pharaoh?' Then the realization hit me. I was in the past. This was ancient Egypt! I thought about what the mother could have meant. My attention was drawn to the left of the ally as two palace guards ran towards the girl and her mother. I jumped to my feet and pushed them into a opening to an abandoned house ripping down the rug that was used as a door. I stood on the other side of the rug leaning against it peeking out the side of it. As the guards approached I turn back to the girl and her mother.