Lullaby

~*A/N*~ Hey Guys! Here with a much longer chapter then last time! Loved writing this one. Let me know what you think :) (There may be mistakes as usual.) Its 3 AM and i'm too lazy to proof read it more than once quickly >.>

*~*~*~*~*~*~* THE SONG UP THERE ^ IS THE LULLABY .

(I changed a few words ^_^)

Chapter 12

Lullaby

I cradle the puzzle tightly against my chest and stare at the ground between my feet. My face, covered in tears, slumps from exhaustion. My eyes sting. I can feel that they have become swollen from crying. I inhale the warm air and let out a long sigh. Using what strength I have left, I lean up. How long have I been sitting here? I couldn't remember. It was still dark and the stars twinkled in the sky. I was so lost in my thoughts, I wasn't sure what was what anymore. I spent so long worrying about what I'm going to do now. Where will I go? Why am I still here? When can I go home?

'Will I ever go home?' It hit me like a brick wall. Silence was my only companion now. 'I feel like shit. I bet I look like shit too... I want to die. I really just want to be gone.' I'm numb. Any emotion deserts me as my brain is bombarded by negative comments. I turn my head to the left and see a shiny metal shaving. It looked sharp. I slowly reached my hand towards it.

'Maybe with this. I can feel something again.'

My hand freezes when I hear footsteps approach me, but I don't have the energy to turn my head. I just return my hand to my side and stare blankly ahead, deep in my own mind.

"I've been looking for you." I recognize that it's Seth's voice, but I make no effort to look at him.

"Mmm." I mumbled quietly as I was struggling to use my voice. A moment of silence passes before I hear him step in front of me forcing himself into my vision. He kneels down.

"The Hebrews have been freed and the palace has been restored. The people have returned to everyday life. We succeeded. I'm going to inform Heba now." I drag my gaze to Seth's. Sympathy covered his features. I force a small smile to my lips.

"That's great news."I can tell my eyes hold no emotion in them.

"I think you should go see Atemu." I blink when I hear his name. Some of the gleam returning to my eyes.

"He doesn't want to see me." Seth lets out a loud sigh.

"Do you really believe that?" Determination flashes across Seth's face as he stares deep into my eyes. My head slumps down. I nod slightly. He shakes his head at me and closes his eyes. "You're the only person he wants to see. I'm very concerned about him, but I have my duties. He's all alone Yugi. He needs you and you need him." I swallow the lump in my throat. "He's finally saved. After everything you've done, you can't give up on him. The inner turmoil he must be feeling... it's more than he can bare." Seth grips my shoulders and lifts me to my feet and smiles at me. I wipe the back of my hand across my face erasing any trace of water. I return his smile.

"Thank you, Seth. I really don't know where I'de be without you." His fingertips glide off my shoulders as he exits the gardens archway. "I'll see you later!" I yell to him. He responds by waving his hand over his shoulder before disappearing from sight.

'If Seth hadn't showed up... I would have been...' I feel a huge sense of guilt at my weakness. 'What if he has seen that?' I shake my head trying to expel the words from my conscious. I calm myself down with with deep breaths before I make my way towards the Pharaohs quarters. The sound of pitter pattering feet echo throughout the halls. I wondered what I was going to say to Atemu. Would he kick me out right away when I tried to talk? My nerves start to go haywire as I replay what possible scenarios could happen. I bite my bottom lip as the thought of him beating me come to mind. I flinch and stand in spot for a second.