The White Room

--------------------

Knockout cursed under her breath; Casey had just punched her square in the jaw.

Focus, Karlie...

She threw another punch at her trainer but he blocked it easily. Her speed was lagging this morning and she was becoming increasingly frustrated by the minute. The smirk on the man's face wasn't helping either. "You're losing your senses, kid." He muttered as he threw a right hook. This time, Karlie blocked with her shoulder, slightly bending before she countered with an uppercut.

"No I'm not." She replied as the slightly shorter man stepped back to avoid it.

"Yes you are." He ducked as she rushed with her jab. "You're losing, babe." He threw the proper hook and Knockout found herself stumbling back, angrier. The bell rang to signify that the round was over, making the tall brunette frown to herself.

What the hell are you doing?

Casey raised an eyebrow at the fighter, asking her the same question. He didn't say anything however, simply frowning at her with disappointment before he walked out of the ring, signalling that they should take a break.

"You okay?" Josh appeared by her side as she sat down in the middle of the ring, trying to figure out why she was so out of it today. "I'm fine."

"You seem..." Josh hesitated as he handed her a towel.

"What is it, Josh?" Karlie snapped, glaring at the brown haired man. "A little distracted." He huffed, with concern. Her face went slightly blank at the statement, looking away from him as she wiped her face. "I'm not distracted...just tired." She lied, just as her mind flashed back to the image that had been playing through her mind all morning.

"Okay, well you don't want to disappoint him today. He's having a bad day already and you know how he gets." The man whispered as he pulled her to her feet. Knockout shook her head once more to clear her mind. "Got it."

"You ready, kid?" Casey asked, bitterly. "Only if you stop calling me 'kid'." Karlie replied, glaring as the coach smiled. "You know I can't do that until you earn it." The man smirked as he entered the ring. He was only 12 years older than the blonde, not some old man.

"Okay let's go." The bell sounded, marking the beginning of the next round. Each round lasted only 3 minutes but it was enough to exert every bit of energy within the body. Especially if Knockout was the opponent.

Focus, Karlie...

Before Casey could come at her with his offense, she had struck him in the chin. Watching him double back, she slipped to the side and threw another punch, digging into his cheekbones. He smiled, recovering quickly before he came at her again, succeeding this time with a combo.

Karlie felt her body getting numb from being hit this many times. She had never let it happen before. The image still played in her head when she struck out. Ducking to avoid Casey's well placed jabs.

She didn't do well at that either, getting hit in the shoulder, wondering when those bruises were going to start showing. Ow.
"What the fuck, kid?" Casey dropped his stance, standing back as Karlie still remained with her fists up, not realising that he had stopped.
"Kloss. What the hell is wrong with you? I'm going to need to see you in my office after this hour is done." He bellowed, after looking around at the other fighters staring at them. The shorter man marched off the ring and went over to assist the others.

"Told you he was having a bad day." Josh muttered as a dejected Knockout slipped out, walking to the far corner of the room where a lone punching bag was hung. She ignored the dark haired man, her vision distracted and frustrated as she began punching the bag that was as tall as her. Josh stood by leaning against the wall, watching the brunette put in only half the effort. "Is everything okay?"