Chapter 13

Callum's POV ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

I felt the pain hit as soon as I pulled in to my old drive. I debated on going back right away or quickly finishing what I set out to do. Jesse, Payton and Hayden were all waiting on me. Ami was wanting to hurry up and move in and I was holding her up a little.

"Hey guys, I don't know if I can stay. Ry just had a wave if pain and I'm a little worried." I said getting out of my car.

"At least come tell us what goes to Ry's and what goes to your parents house and we will handle the rest if we have to." Jesse said looking a little worried himself. Him and Ryder were so close it's like they were twins as well. Polar opposites but twins none the least. If Jesse didn't have Layla I don't think I would like him to much. I hate it when Ry snuggles up to him, hugs him and is relaxed around him. But I know Jesse is and always will be just his best friend. Layla and I actually talked about it. She said she felt the same way but she said she watched them and it was more of brotherly love then even friendship love. She was right. Don't tell her that.

"Okay all furniture goes to my parents. Clothes, pictures and smaller items go to Ry's house along with my home gym. Dishes and shit can stay they were here when I moved in. My bed can go to the furniture resale place." I said picking up some boxes just as another wave of pain hit me.

"Go home to your mate." Hayden said looking at me.

"Let me call him. I feel bad guys I would love to be with him but I need to help you guys." I said pulling out my phone only to be stopped by Payton.

"Go home and comfort your mate. You know if your feeling his pain he is in more pain then you and if it has you doubled over think of how he is. Plus he has the mom's there. I don't know how your mom is when it comes to one if her pups being hurt but our mom goes over board." Payton said. My mom was crazy when I was sick or hurt. Poor Ryder.

"Okay, I'm sorry guys. If you have any questions mind link me." I said running back to my car after throwing the keys at them.

"Let us know what's going on." Jesse yelled.

"Will do." I said through mind link as I speed towards home. I have only been gone an hour.

I noticed that Layla's car was already there so someone called her and not me. That kind of pissed me off. And it saddened me that Ryder didn't think of me enough to call. I love him and I though we was getting along really well.

"Where is Ryder?" I asked walking in.

"Napping still. we were making lunch do you want some?" Mia asked.

"No not right now thank you." I said looking at all three ladies. None of them seemed to know that Ry was in pain.

"We made a lunch mess so let Ry know." momma said.

"I will." I said as I walked softly down the hall to our room.

"Man I was hoping that you didn't feel it this time." He said not even looking up.

"Why you hiding it from me?" I asked trying but failing to keep the hurt from my voice.

"I didn't want to be one of the mates that cries every time they get a paper cut." he said trying to sit up.

"Baby I want to know every time you get a paper cut. I want to kiss it and make you feel better. And this is way different. This has to do with you and our pups." I said helping him to sit.

"I know I wasn't not going to let you know I was just seeing how long I could go before it got to bed." He said as another pain slowly made its way through his body. I rubbed his back and belly leaving small kisses on his neck where my mark would go. Thankfully my wolf knew that our pups and mate where more important.

"There not as bad as yesterday. But did you notice the hearts beats sound funny when I'm in pain?" he asked. I hadn't noticed.

"No I will pay more attention next one." I said hugging him to me. I was now sitting behind him with him sitting between my legs and I was rubbing his belly.

"I still need to shower or something." he said.

"Let's wait and see, just for a few minutes." I said enjoying the feel if him on me.

"Do you think you could help me in and out of a bath?" he asked turning deep red.

"I would love to help you. Can you wash everything or would you like me to wash your back?" I asked.

"Maybe. I feel 10x bigger today they I normally feel." he said just as another pain hits. I paid close attention to the heartbeats and he was right they sounded rushed or stressed. I didn't like it.

"You okay? I'll run you water while you get some clothes. I would go with something you don't care if you lose them or not until Layla figures out how to stop the pains." I said. Heading for the bathroom. Something in my gut was telling me that our pups where coming soon.

"Um... my clothes are up stairs. I have a shelf with my preggers pants and shirts I don't ever plan on wearing ever again." He said sighing.

"Okay babe, I will get something for you to wear while your in the tub." I said coming out of the bathroom after getting his water going.

"Thank you, I feel so helpless." he said his voice cracking and another pain hit.

"Your not helpless baby, you are doing one of the most amazing things ever by carrying our pups. Me helping you doesn't seem to compare to what you are found for us." I said pulling him into a hug. I loved him so much.

"Thank you." he said kissing me. I was shocked that his lips where on mine. I froze for a second but kissed him back. It was one the best kiss I have ever had in my life.

"Thank you." I said resting my forehead on his. I inhaled his scent and felt content.

"I think my water is done." He said breaking the silence.

"Yeah. You go get in and I will be back in a few." I said kissing his forehead and watched as he waddled into the bathroom he did look a lot bigger today why hadn't I noticed that before?

I ran up the stairs and waited a few seconds before calling Layla up to his room. I didn't want to worry the moms or Ry so I wanted to talk to her in private.

"You rang your hind ass." Layla said coming in to the room.

"Ry's in pain again. And when a pain comes the babies heartbeats get stressed or slower. He even looks bigger today." I whispered.

"Where is he?" she asked looking a little worried.

"Taking a bath." I said grabbing some black sweats and a yellow t-shirt.

"I'll call Jefferson an have him come over for this check up. He is going to be my second on this so maybe he will have some positive news. But I'm thinking today you be come big daddy." she said looking worried.

"That's what my guts is telling me too." I said sighing.

"Go back to your mate and I will try and keep this from the moms a while longer have him in the office in an hour. I will have one of the moms being him lunch." she said leaving me.

I went back to where Ryder was soaking in the tub. He looked sexy as hell and I wanted to do some very rate R things to him but I just slide in and smiled at my shocked mate.

"I brought your clothes, Layla is having one of our moms bring you something to eat and we have to meet her in the office in an hour. She is going to have Jefferson take a look at you because he is going to help her with the delivery." I said sitting the clothes down.

"I thought we didn't have to see her until noon it's only ten." He whined. He has had three different episodes of pain since he has been in the bath.

"Lean forward so I can wash your back. She moved the time up because I told her about the pain. Please don't get mad at me I'm worried about you and the pups." I said when his shoulders slumped.

"She's going to take them. I'm not ready to give them up. They need to cook longer and they aren't ready." he said crying.

"Baby they are strong like you. They will be fine. She won't take them if she didn't thin they were ready. And your not giving them up your sharing them and the responsibility. I would love to help you take care of them and I would love to meet our pups." I said rinsing his back.

"What if I'm bad at taking care of them? with them inside all I have to do is eat and stay safe. What if I forget to take care of them or they get hurt? I'm going to fail them I just know I am." He said sobbing. I pulled him out of the tub and into my lap.

"You are going to be a fantastic dad. Plus I will be there with you and so will everyone else. Babe I know you would never forget to feed our pups. Or take care of them in any way. They will get hurt, dirty and cry for unknown reasons but all kids do. And you'll do just fine, I promise." I said hugging him as close to me as I could.

"I'm so scared." He said.

"I think all new parents are baby. I'm scared but I know I have you and our parents to help us out. I'm okay with them coming now if they are ready. I'm kind of excited to meet them." I said smiling as I dried him off. I quickly dressed him and carried him into the room as he dealt with another pain. They were getting harder an closer together.

"Do I look like I have been crying?" he asked as I laid him in bed and the pain slowly went away.

"You look beautiful to me but no baby you don't look like you just spent the last ten minutes crying." I said teasing him.

"Shut up, I'm hungry." he said and as if they were listening in walked the moms with two trays of food and one tall glass of milk and another glass of tea.

"I hope your ready for this. Layla said she moved your appointment up and you have about a half hour before you have to go down to the office. Dr. Jeff is already here." my mom said.

"I can't wait to see my.... I mean our grand babies." His mom said.

"Oh I know......" I heard my mom and Mia start to chatter. And I turned to a smiling Ryder who looked content watching to two ladies chat.

"Eat baby." I said doing as I told him.

"I don't want milk." he whined.

"Then drink the tea." I said switching the glasses.

"Thank you. I am so sick of milk." He said sipping the ice tea happily.

"I understand that my mom would have me drink it with everything I ate." I whispered making him laugh.

I was happy he was happy for now. I knew once they told him the babies would have to come now he would be a basket case. But for now he are happily smiling and laughing with our mom and I.

By this time tomorrow we would be taking care of three newborn pups. Normally when a new mom gives birth she shifts into her wolf with in an hour afterwords and she is as good as new. I don't know how it will work for Ryder. I'm just crossing my fingers that it all goes well.