Savour

AU merman Rhett, no wives.

Link was taking a midnight stroll on the beach when he decided to go for a midnight swim. He left his white shirt, brown shorts, grey flats and his glasses and started padding into the water.

He got out pretty far, about to the sand bank and decided to go back. Link suddenly became aware of a sudden fin poking around the water, lapping around him.

He threaded water to stay up but stayed in the one spot. The shark came closer and closer until Link saw the shark pop up from the water. He panicked. The shark dove back into the water just in front of him, splashing him with water.

Suddenly the shark dragged Link down by the foot. He gasped for breath as he was dragged under, trying to bear the pain in his left foot.

The shark thrashed and swam around like crazy dragging Link everywhere. The shark let go of his foot and and his shoe came off. The shark swam off with his shoe, happy enough. His glasses fell off and fell to the bottom of the ocean.

Link started running out of breath! He was too far below the surface to get any but he tried to swim up anyway. He swam as hard as he could but a split second later, felt his body weigh down and his breath loosing itself.

He slowly descended to the bottom of the ocean. His back hit the sandy bottom and he slowly shut his eyes, drowning to death. Well, that's what drowning does.

Link's shirt went up a bit, the first button undone, his shorts were all ripped at the end of them, he was missing a shoe and his glasses were fallen beside his face.

A second after Link fell unconscious a merman came along and found him. This merman was called Rhett, even though most mer-people don't have human names.

He put down his triatatn and sat beside Link, before realising Link was probably dead, but not. He picked Link's glasses, not knowing what they are or what they're used for. He suddenly realised the human needed air, just like mer-people need water.

He quickly grabbed him into his arms. Putting his arms under Link's underarms and holding his hands together over his torso.

With five big flicks of Rhett's tail they were at the surface. Rhett quickly swam to the nearest land, the beach where this all started.

When they got there, Rhett pushed himself onto the land over Link's still unconscious body. He looked down and examined Link's beautiful face. He stroked his fridge off of his forehead.

Link started stirring and the merman didn't know what to do. Link suddenly started coughing up lot's of water.

He sat himself up and took a look around his surroundings, then he noticed the merman staring at him.

He gasped and jumped back a bit with fright. "I know everyone's scarred of me." Rhett frowned looking down. "No, I'm not scared of you, I just got a fright!" Link explained to him.

"You just saved my life! I would've drowned!" "I know. I couldn't leave you there, even though mer-people hate humans and humans hate us, I don't really." Rhett said. "What?" "Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I don't hate humans. And I also have no friends," Rhett paused. "So yeah."

"Aww!" "Please don't tell anyone about me because we're kinda hunted for a sport." Rhett says looking down, not being able to keep eye contact with the human. "Well I'm Link! And I won't tell anyone! Plus I don't really have any friends either." Link says looking straight at Rhett.

"Well I'm Rhett. And thank you so much." "No, thank you for saving my life." "Oh it's nothing." Rhett blushed but his checks are green and he has a beard so Link can't see it.

"If you're being hunted, wanna come live with me?" Link suddenly asks. "You sure?" Rhett looks up to him. "Would I ask if I was sure?" "Maybe." "Well, I wouldn't! Do you wanna?" Link asks.

"I'd love to then!"