16. Idk what this is..

Words: 846
Description: ???
Warnings: mentions of self harm.

My head throbbed and it was reluctant to open my eyes. I took deep breaths until the waves of dizziness lessened and I was strong enough to raise my head. I leaned up on one elbow. My tongue felt glued to the roof of my mouth.

A door opened, admitting a tall man--more than six foot tall--with tall, upwards dirty blonde hair, wearing a grey hoodie, with yellow-orangey sleeves and black pants. His sparkling bluey-green eyes, full of worry and shock.

"Y-you're awake! The doctor said you wouldn't wake up!" Confusion found it's way onto my face. "What?" He sighed. "I'll go get the doctor and come back." He whipped around and closed the door.

Collapsing on the thin mattress, I surveyed the foreign surroundings. Stark white walls, a metal-framed bed, and a night stand to my right. Ombré frames sat upon the nightstand, along with a glass of water. Solitary window with security wiring. Somewhere a loudspeaker called out codes and howled loudly. Fluorescent lights glared down from the ceiling. Whiffs of bleach wafted from the bedding and the antiseptic scent gave me nausea.

I had no memory of how I'd gotten here.

I yanked off the crisp sheets, and swung both legs over the cold metal bed. Someone had dressed me in a scratchy hospital gown and wrapped my right wrist in an elastic Ace bandage. I had scrapes, cuts and bruises all up and down my legs. My forearm had a puncture wound where someone had inserted a needle. I raised a hand to touch the gauze at my temple and gasped at the band on my left wrist that read: Valley Grove Hospital: Burbank, LA.

Soon the man ran back. Still by himself. "I couldn't find a doctor, sorry." "Okay."

I stared at the tall man with cute freckles, that was now sat by my bedside. "Do you have any idea why we're here?" I questioned, hoping for a valid answer. "I came to your house looking for you to find," he choked up a bit. "you against the wall unconscious with your head bleeding out insanely. You tried to kill yourself by smashing your head against the wall, Link." My eyes widened. "Why the hell would I do that?!" "No one knows." He shook his head, putting it into his hands he let out more tears.

"So Link is my name.." I breathed out. He looked up at me wide eyed. "You gave yourself amnesia?!" I nodded blankly. I must have had quite a life if this guy was my husband. So why would I attempt to kill myself?!

"This is worse then I thought. What are we going to do about the beasts?" He mumbled. "What beasts?" I wondered aloud. "Never mind, we'll worry about them later." "Okay." "The important question is, what to do about your mental health."

The silence and the tension worked together. The tension fed off silence and the silence grew longer. The tension was getting suffocating. I was trying to figure out if I could remember this guy. His face looked like one I knew, but I couldn't place a name with his face.

I only remember those bluey-green eyes and pink lips as being my first kiss. And for some reason, the first day of first grade memory came back to me. Two boys getting held in from recess. I wonder where that kid is now. Colouring mythical beasts as a punishment. I stayed with that kid until college, I think. Could that kid be this man?

My eyes found their way back to him. As he hunched over, pulling on his hair, his dam of tears leaking out from his eyes, he looked like the most beautiful, but saddest being on earth.

"Did we colour.." His hazel-y eyes met my piercing baby blue ones. "Colour mythical beasts in first grade together?" His eyes went wider if that was possible, "if we did, that's the only thing I remember about you."

"Yes Link, we did." A tear slowly dripped down his cheek. "Oh, don't cry. I know I don't really know you, but I don't want you to be sad over me." Surprising him, I wrapped my long-ish scrawny arms around him and pulled him onto the bed next to me. I tucked him into my chest, resting my head on his disheveled head of fluffy hair.

He clutched me like he would loose me. "Hey, it's okay. I know I might not remember much but as long as you help me, I'm sure we'll get through it." I rubbed his back soothing in circles. "O-of course I-I'll help you." His voice was muffed as he spoke to my chest.

"Thank you. I'm sure I'll remember our lives." He smiled adorably and snuggled into my chest more. "Eventually." I mumbled. He sighed, pulling up the hospital blanket to warm us. "G'night." "Night Link." I lowered my head to his, bringing my lips to his forehead.

Idk what this is but I know it's and update! Welp! I'm sorry. i know, im crying too.