53

Wow. We have two more chapters left of this book. (Plus the epilogue, so pretty much 3.)

I'm going to miss it.

Garroth

  "No."

   "Come on. Speak to her?" Laurance pleaded.

   "No. I can't."

    "Give me one good reason why not." He took a sip of his water.

     "We're obviously not meant to be. There's no point in even speaking to her anymore."

  He choked on an ice cube, and the dorm door slammed shut.

  "What was that?" I asked.

  He coughed. "W-wind.. closed.. door." He stopped choking. "Garroth, you two are obviously meant to be. And--"

  I shook my head . "I'm going to bed. Good night."

  And that was it.

       *               *               *                *

   "Aphmau.."

     "Garroth, shut the hell up. It's two in the morning, and I have to go to a fucking baby shower tomorrow."

   I ignored him. "I miss her.."

    "Then fucking do something about it!" He cried out. "I'm not going to talk about this anymore. Tell her the truth. Grow some balls."

   "That's what she told me!" I wailed.

   "God damn it, Garroth!" Laurance shouted, sitting upright in his bed, and flicking on the light. "She called me today. She said something about you."

   "She did?" I looked up to him.

    "You look like a fucking balloon right now," he commented. "Your eyes are red and puffy."

   "Shut up, asshole. What did she say?" 

    "I don't know," he glared at me. "Maybe you could find out yourself if you fucking talked to her."

    "She probably hates me," I shook my head. "And even if she did forgive me, we could never be together again. She thinks I cheated on her. I can't do that to her."

   "But you didn't!" He protested. "So tell her that!"

  "You know what? Your right." I stood up. "Bye, dickhead. See you tomorrow."

  "You're going now?" His eyebrows raised. "You're going to wake her up at two in the morning to tell her that your sorry?"

   "Yes."

    "You're insane." He shook his head. "Whatever floats your boat. See ya'."

    He flicked off the light as I opened the door, running down the hall to Aphmau's dorm.

  I reached it, trying the doorknob to see if it was unlocked.

   It was.