Chapter Four: Black Assassin

"There's the Castors! Get them! Don't let them escape!"

"Oh shit, we're in trouble," Terra-Mori breathed.

The guards — they were obviously guards with the armour they were wearing and the spears they were brandishing — ran towards them, spears poised, ready to strike. Black helmets covered their faces with weird symbols on them that made them look like Power Rangers. The one in front had a symbol that looked like a distorted tree, the branches spiralling towards the edges of the helmet. The others had a different symbol, one that looked like a three with a tail and a sun above it on the left.

"Those helmets mean that they are from the First Army Corps of the Royal Army," Terra-Mori took the time to explain. "The tree-like symbol means that the wearer is the leader of the division or the superior and the three and sun symbol means that the wearer is the subordinate. Now —"

"Takashi-Senpai, now isn't the time to be explaining things!" Terra-Tamaki shrieked, grabbing his senpai's jacket and pulling on it. "We need to leave now!"

"Don't worry, Honey-Senpai is the best —"

"Hold on men, there are two twins!" the leader suddenly shouts, pointing his spear at Earth-Kaoru and Terra-Hikaru. The other soldiers all stopped in their tracks, their heads turning in sync to stare at the two look-alikes (since they weren't really twins) as if they were puppets and a marionette was controlling their every moves.

"But Ca'tain," one of the soldiers say with a weird accent, "none of them is wea'ing that scary black suit the Black Assassin wears."

"Still ..." the another soldier stutters, physically shaking. "You've seen the Black Assassin before; you know what he's capable of! We haven't got the correct weapons to fight them!"

The other soldiers seemed to be hesitating as they looked from the group to their superior and back. "What is your order captain?" they all asked simultaneously.

"Um ..." the leader gulped, also shaking in fear. "Retreat!"

They didn't need to be told twice it seemed. Faster than the eye could see they were gone in a cloud of dust and a blur of silver, the clanking of their armour following them as they ran away as far away as they could.

"What just happened?" Honey asked, looking up at Terra-Mori as he clicked his tongue.

"Those idiots looked at Hikaru and Kaoru and ran away," Terra-Mori pointed out with a bitter laugh.

"Why would they be afraid of Hika-Chan and Kao-Chan Terra-Takashi?" Honey asked.

"Well you see Earth-Mitzkuni, Kaoru is hella-lot scary in this world," Terra-Mori told him, taking a sip of his Chai Latte. "If those military idiots fought Kaoru on their own, who do you think would win? Kaoru of course, because of Kaoru's magic! With his strength, magic and ice-cold personality together Kaoru is the strongest person in Terra, being able to defeat the entire army on his own – of course unless they have magic weapons that are deadly and even Kaoru can't even protect himself against. Kaoru is known as the 'Black Assassin' – don't know why -"

"Because of that black clothing Kaoru wears," Terra-Hikaru interrupts him, actually daring to interrupt Terra-Mori in the middle of a pointless monologue. "Everyone in Terra is afraid of my brother – he scares everyone in the Host Club as well – but he is also the most looked up to."

"Oh Hikaru, you couldn't have said it better than me!" Terra-Mori sniffled, looking close to tears. A Mori, showing emotions? This world was fucked up!

"Which one is Kaoru?" Terra-Kyouya asked, looking at Terra-Tamaki as if he could get the answers to the world's problems from him. "Is he the one with orange hair?"

"Yes, he is," Terra-Tamaki answered. Terra-Kyouya tilted his head to the side in confusion. 

"But I thought that was Hikaru," Terra-Kyouya sighed in confusion. "Why does Kaoru look like Hikaru? And why is there two Takashis?"

Terra-Tamaki decided not to answer — seriously, that was the best thing to do. If he tried to explain the concept of identical twins and mirror universe twins, they would be in the cafe for all eternity until Terra-Kyouya finally understood. Which he probably — no defiantly — still would not understand.

Terra-Kyouya was an ultra idiot in this world to put it nicely.

They ended up going to the building where the Terra Host Club were, Terra-Mori announcing that he was craving coffee and biscuits.

"Terra-Mori," Kaoru yelled, running to keep up with him, "tell me more about this world's version of me."

"What do you want to know Earth-Kaoru?" Terra-Mori asked, getting everything for his coffee ready.

"Why am I — he — feared here?" Kaoru asked.

"Because of your — his — magic," Terra-Mori answered. "Kaoru is known as the 'Black Assassin' to the Military idiots and something else in the underworld — don't ask me what it is, I can't pronounce it."

"Then why don't you write it down?" Kaoru suggested. "Do you have a pen and paper?"

"There's a pen and paper somewhere but they would be useless: I can't spell it," Terra-Mori answered. "But let me finish my story: Kaoru, as you already know, scares the shit out of everybody. It's not just because of his magic — that's scary too, don't get me wrong — but it's the way he acts and speaks that scares everyone. Just the short amount of time I've known you, I can tell you're cheerful, easy going and have a great sense of humour. Our Kaoru is always serious, gets annoyed easily and has a downright terrifying sense of humour. He finds killing people funny, the sick boy. But I swear he's a tsundere because he shows a calm side to our version of Haruhi and even Tamaki."

"What about Hikaru?" Kaoru asked. Surely his counterpart would show a kind side to his own twin.

"No, Kaoru hates Hikaru," Terra-Mori revealed.

"Why?" Kaoru asked, perplexed. Him hating Hikaru was impossible. He couldn't really imagine a life without Hikaru by his side they were that inseparable.

"Kaoru had a rough childhood," Terra-Mori explained. "Hikaru was mostly to blame, although it wasn't his fault really. It was more ..."

Mori flinched as a hand landed on his shoulder. He didn't have to look behind him to know who the hand belonged to, he could tell by the gentleness that hurt as well. Kaoru stared, wide-eyed, at the Hisakawa twin standing behind Terra-Mori, ember eyes narrowed dangerously.

"I see you're getting friendly with the Earth version of me," Terra-Kaoru said, his voice laced with poison. "Who gave you the right to ramble on about my past to random people?"

"Oh hey Kaoru," Terra-Mori stuttered, slowly turning his head to look behind him. "I thought that because he was you, he should know about you ... if that makes sense ..."

"You better run Takashi-Senpai," Terra-Kaoru growled, his hair forming a shadow over his eyes that made him look even more terrifying then before, "unless you want to be cut up by me. I'll give you a head start."

Terra-Kaoru removed his hand from his senpai's shoulder, but not even seconds later his jacket sleeve was engulfed in a golden light.