Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

{Lily’s POV:}

Monday morning.

I awoke five minutes before my alarm went off, the bright morning sunlight creeping through my bedside window. I opened my eyes slightly trying to adjust to the light that was invading my bedroom. I sat up slowly and yawned loudly, putting on my slippers before heading into the bathroom to get ready for school.

I stripped off my clothes and took a quick shower, brushing my teeth in the process. After a few minutes, I wrapped a towel around myself and got out. I quickly made my way over to the closet to select my outfit for the day, wondering what might look good on me today.

After some debating, I finally chose something to wear. I changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans and blue tank top with a plaid flannel over it. Simple, but effective.

I did my makeup, arranging my eye shadow so that it brought out my natural eye color. I didn’t usually wear a ton of makeup, just enough to bring out my features. In fact I probably wore the least makeup out of my group of friends. However, I always was sure to look pretty presentable. I hated not looking nice, even if it was just to run a quick errand.

After I was done with that, I slipped on a pair of white no-show socks and my black vans over them. I added my favorite necklace as a finishing touch, a simple letter L on a little gold chain.

I grabbed my cell phone on my beside table and unlocked it to scroll through Facebook and Twitter and answer a few text messages from my friends.

From: JOSIE!!!(:

Goodmorning beautiful! Have any Niall dreams last night? ;)

I giggled at her cheeky message before texting back a reply.

To: JOSIE!!!(:

You wish! Hahaha (: Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t.

I hit send then scroll through my other new texts. One is from Brooke asking how the game last night went, and another is from Jane asking about the Algebra homework.

I quickly text replies to them both then set my phone down for a split second, only to hear it vibrate with a new text from Josie.

From: JOSIE!!!(:

You know you did Lil. C’mon babe ;)

I laugh as I start to answer her. Truth is I did have a dream about Niall last night. It was a good one too. I dreamed he had taken me on a romantic picnic date in the park. It was great, the sun was shining, the breeze blew calmly and quietly in the air, and the leaves were changing into majestic autumn colors right before our eyes.

I closed my eyes now, remembering a small portion of the dream.

{FLASHBACK}

After we finished our food, Niall and I just sat there on the picnic blanket for a while.

It was almost 7pm and the sun was beginning to set. The sky was a mix of colors merging into one another like a strange artistic painting.

Niall suddenly spoke, interrupting my thoughts and observations of the sky. “Babe?” he asked, his voice laced with a touch of concern.

I looked at him, my eyes meeting his for a moment. “Yes?”

He scooted closer to me, picking my hand up gently and holding it in his. The touch of his skin was smooth and warm, sending electricity throughout my body. He slowly wrapped his strong arms around my body making me feel safe and protected. “I really like you…”