Chapter 5: House Rules

I had a lot of time last night that I used to distract from all my family drama, so instead, I wrote 3 more chapters in here!  I'm so proud of them, so I figured I could at least upload another chapter!  Thank you all who are reading this, it means the world. :)  So, with no further ado...House Rules xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well, welcome to my home sweet home!”  Grace says, voice echoing off the bare walls and arms spread out wide, welcoming the Winchester brothers to her dwelling.  Sparingly decorated, the house wasn’t too large, just right for a family of 3 or four.  Before either of the guys can say or ask anything, Grace interrupts their thoughts by turning to them, stern look on her face.

“Ok, there are a few house rules before you start with your EMFs and sulfur search, kk?  1) You steal anything, even a scrap of paper, photo, or penny out of the change jar, I WILL know and you WILL get beaten.  Hard.

2) You break anything, you will pay to replace it.  No matter how little.  You will pay.

3) No excessive snooping, or I will call you out and beat you down.

4) You touch any of my stuff, you won’t breath again. And finally,

5) You make a mess, you clean it up, or I’ll clean you up.  Got it?”  Hands on her hips, Grace looks at the boys expectantly.

“Sure thing, Grace.  If you want to go change, we’ll start looking at the house, ok?”  Sam steps in before Dean has time to snap a comeback.

“Kk, I’ll be back.  Remember what I said.”  She leaves, with a smile on her face for the first time either of the guys had ever seen her.

“She is one freaky, possessive bitch,” Dean informs his brother for the third time today.

“Dude, be a little sensitive!  She has no one!  Even we have each other!  And yes, she may not be the sweetest person we’ve ever met…”

 “That’s an understatement…”

“BUT she has a reason to be who she is.  So be nice.  Or she might beat you.  Down.”  Sam chuckles.

“Whatever.  Let’s get started, shall we?”  Dean pulls a few instruments from his duffel, handing a couple to Sam, and starts walking through the house.

Meanwhile in Grace’s room, she is changing out of the most uncomfortable clothing item she’s been unfortunate to wear.  She can’t believe how nice jeans and a t-shirt is compared to a hospital gown.  Grace grabs her jeans out of her dresser, pulling them on as she walks across the carpet to her closet to find a shirt.  Pulling off her hospital gown and bare except a bra on top, she pulls open her closet doors and screams bloody murder.  Hysterical, she screams and cries until the Winchesters coming running into her room.  They spot the source of her hysteria.  On the back wall of Grace’s closet were the words “I’ll still find you” in blood.  However, that’s not the worst part.  On the floor underneath the statement was a small animal, a dog it seemed, but was so torn apart it was hard to tell.  It lay in a puddle of fresh blood and animal entrails, belly torn out.

“No!!!  Callie girl!  Why?!?!?”  Grace was screaming so loudly neither could think, arms around herself, trying to both cover and comfort herself.

“Grace, is this your dog?” Sam asks, striding to her and grabbing her shoulders, looking her in the eyes as Dean rushes over to examine the only major evidence they have on this house.  They got serious EMFs and sulfur ALL over the house, but nothing as crazy as in Grace’s room.  Not only is there this fresh bloody warning, but also the EMF reader is not stopping, readings off the scale and sulfur on almost every surface.  Her room must be the main activity area, or at least the most recent.

“Yeah!!  That evil damn purple-eyed bastard killed her!!!”  After she said that, Sam couldn’t understand anything else she said, as she fell to the ground and sobbed.  Two things hit him at the same time.  One: She must have really loved her dog.  He hasn’t seen this strong, sassy girl so vulnerable, not even in the hospital.  From the second she woke up, she’s never given up and instead had such bravery to her.  Two: He knows who that girl was in his dreams.   Grace.  And there is a serious supernatural son of a bitch who needs to be sent back to hell or wherever he’s from.