3

-Maya's POV-

Hazel is going to kill me, Ethan texted me this morning saying that his car broke down and that he and Grayson needed a ride. This information has not yet been delivered to my dearest best friend but she's about to find out in oh, I don't know... 2 minutes. 

I pulled up to the twins' driveway, they only live a few minutes away, and waited for them to get it. See, I'm not a nervous wreck around them like Hazel is. I mean yeah, they're fucking hot. Like, woa, but I don't have a severe crush on either of them and I have a boyfriend so I have the ability to communicate like a normal person. Hazel, bless her heart, not so much.

"Hey Maya thank you so so much for the ride, sorry for the short notice. My car just completely shit the bed." Ethan said as he went to sit in the front seat. 

"Oh wait, sorry but I'm picking up my best friend she rides with me every morning... would you mind getting in the back? Sorry." I said hovering my had over the seat. He nodded and shut the door.

"Who's your best friend?" Grayson asked, buckling his seat belt.

"Hazel." I was a lil bit interested to see what his reaction would be, not gonna lie.

"Hazel? Math class Hazel??" He asked in an interested voice.

"Um, you mean English?" I looked back at him raising my eyebrows. He may be pretty but he sure isn't smart.

"Oh... right, but uh, that one? You take her to school?"

"That I do." I turned back around and backed up the car after Ethan got in. About a minute and thirty seconds before my murderer kills me :) 
I kept glancing back at Grayson in my rear view mirror as I drove to Hazels and he had this like, almost nervous expression on his face. Him and Ethan kept whispering stuff but I couldn't hear it. I pulled into Hazel's street and prepared myself for the beating I was about to receive. I finally got the her house and parked my car at the end of her driveway. I could literally feel the tension already in this car. I looked at Hazel and I saw that she was looking in the backseat, she looked confused but not yet at the level of freak out I feel like she'd be at if she knew it was Grayson, so I don't think she's made out who it is yet. A few seconds later she opened the door and the second she did all of the color in her face went out the window. I had to restrain myself from hysterically laughing.

"Good morning Haze!" I teasingly announced so everyone heard me.

"Uh, hi." She swallowed and I could see how uncomfortable she was.

"What. Are they. Doing here." She grunted under her breath.

"Oh the boys? Their car broke down. They needed a ride. That's cool with you right?" Oh this is too fun.

She gave me that 'I'm gonna kill you later, you just wait' look before giving an awkward fake smile to the boys and saying "Of course!" She then turned back around and slumped back in her seat.

-Grayson's POV-

Hazel seemed really uncomfortable when she got in the car, I mean I was already a little hesitant because I don't really know her that well but, she looks like she's gonna be sick. I kinda feel like it's because me and Ethan are in here and she didn't know about it, well I'm assuming she didn't know based on her reaction. 

I don't know how I feel about her. I feel bad though, that I can never remember the classes we have together. She must think i'm some idiot, but she seems nice... really shy, but nice. Maybe I'll talk to her at school, or Nate's party...

-Hazel's POV-

I'm having a seizure right now HOLY SHIT. HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME. She's dead. DEAD. I'm so awkward and it's making this car ride like hell. No one's said 2 words since I got in and I'm ready to throw myself out of the window. 

We finally got to school after a painful, painful 10 minutes. I got out and waited impatiently for Maya.

"Oh hey Hazel, Ethan and I are meeting Daniela for a tutoring sesh before class... But don't worry you can walk with Grayson!" She gave me a satanic smile before her and Ethan walked off. Fuck. Me. 

"Sooo, ready to go?" Grayson awkwardly asked walking up to me.

"Um, sure. Let's go." I walked quickly in front of him, but he ran up to me.

"Hey are you okay? You seemed really upset when we picked you up." He asked looking at me as we walked.

"Oh um, I was just having a bad morning and uh, I don't really feel good." 

"Are you sure that's what's bugging you?" He asked again.

"ugh, I don't know... I'm just shy around new people maybe, sorry." I said quietly without making eye contact.

"Hey it's cool, I get it but, I'm very approachable. You don't have to freak out around me, we're friends aren't we?" That dreaded word I hate so much, 'friends.'

"Uh yeah, sure... Friends."