8

-Hazel's POV- 
The weekend went by and I had no word from Grayson. Even though that's what I was expecting, it doesn't mean I'm not let down. I saw Maya's car pull up through my bedroom window and headed outside. I threw my stuff in the back seat and then sat in the front. 

"Hey Haze, how was your weekend?" She asked as she pulled out of my driveway.

"Fine." I said looking out the window.

"Fine? What do you mean fine? Um, the party? Hello? You and Grayson? Ringing any bells?" 

"It was nothing Maya. It was just a game, It didn't mean anything." 

"Who are you? You got to make out with the boy you've been in love with for three years and your response is 'it was nothing'? Are you okay?" She was looking back and forth between me and the road. 

"Maya it was just a game, ok? Let it go." I insisted getting irritated

"No no no, something had to have happened. C'mon spill." 

"He just hasn't talked to me since it happened. I texted him when I got home from the party and his answer just seemed short and scripted."

"That's not surprising." She said turning into the school parking lot.

"Gee, thanks."

"Sorry Hazel but, that's who Grayson Dolan is. He's not one to show his emotions, or pour his heart out to you." Well that was a dry answer.

"You know, you always know how to make me feel better." I said with pounds of sarcasm in my voice.

"That's what I do. So are you gonna talk to him?" Good question. 

"I don't think so. I'm just gonna let it sit and if he wants to talk, he can come to me." 

"Well, let me know how that goes." She had that 'this is gonna end badly but i'm not gonna say that' tone when she talked. 

I rolled my eyes and asked her to walk with me to my locker. The hallways were filling up with people and class is starting soon. As I was putting books in my locker, Maya tapped me and nodded in the opposite direction of the hallway. When I turned to see what she was looking at, I immediately tensed up and could feel the millions of knots tightening in my stomach. Grayson, Nate and Ethan were walking this way. I tried staying calm and kept doing what I was doing. I redirected my attention back to Maya and our conversation. 

We made fake conversation and waited for them to walk by. When they walked past Grayson hesitantly looked at me over his shoulder, like he wanted to say something by couldn't. I wanted him to turn around so bad, but he just kept walking. I slammed my locker and rested my head against it. 

"I don't get it." I huffed, annoyed.

"Don't let him bother you Haze, he's not worth your time." I turned around so my back was facing the locker, and pushed my hair back. 

"But it does bother me Maya, it bothers me a lot. I can't just not let it bother me. He went from not knowing who I was, to making out with me, to blowing me off. What the fuck did I do!" I was almost yelling.

"I know it sucks, I wish I could help. I have to go to class but we'll talk more at lunch." I nodded and she left for her class, I did the same. When I started walking to class, I realized that the schedule rotation put English in the first period block today. The one god damn class that I have with him, perfect. Annoyed, I went to my class and sat down. I anxiously waited for Grayson to get here, and a few seconds later he did. On his way to his seat, which need I remind you is right behind me, he gave me one of those half assed smiles. You know the ones where you just curve one side of your mouth but it barely changes the expression on your face, yeah one of those. Once he sat down I exhaled aggravated, debating if I should say something or not. I thought I would give it a try, and just say something casual. I hesitantly turned around.

"How was your weekend?" a pretty average question right?

"Fine, yours?" He barely had any emotion in his voice and he wasn't even looking at me.

"Um, it was good."  I waited for him to say something else, but he didn't. I turned myself back around, slouching in my chair. The rest of class it was silent, he didn't say a word to anyone. I don't know what his problem is, but I need to find out. I can't take it anymore. 

After class, I waited by the door for him to come out. When he did I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the crowd.

"Woah, what the hell are you doi-"

"What is wrong with you?!" I yelled cutting him off, "Being weird after the party, not talking to me all weekend, and now blowing me off at school? What, are you just done with me now? You're just gonna use me, like you do every other girl and drop me when you're over it? What did I do to you Grayson?!"

-Grayson's POV-
"Hazel, you didn't do anything wrong." 

"Then what is it Grayson? Why is it so hard to just talk to me!" Just tell her, tell her everything. About the bet, that you like her, just do it.

"Look, I-I'm sorry. It's not you." 

"Oh really, the old 'it's not you it's me' crap? What is this, Friends?" 

"Hazel just listen to me, thi-" 

"Hey Gray! What are you doing buddy?!" I was cut off, by Nate and Ethan. I swore under my breath, and rolled my eyes as they walked over. 

"C'mon dude what are you doing?" Nate said hinting at me to keep my mouth shut. 

"Not now." I said aggravated. 

"No go ahead Grayson, go hang out with your buddies. I have to go." She looked so upset, I felt horrible. I'm so sick of this, I just want her to know how I really feel.