7

-Grayson's POV-

What are you doing. 

This is all over a bet you can't get attached.

But she's so beautiful an-

Stop it Grayson, let it go. 

You can't possibly have feelings for her. 

You don't get feelings.  

I'd been going back and forth with myself since I'd gotten back from the party, three hours ago. What happened with that game, I don't know I just... I couldn't control myself. I don't know what came over me but all I wanted in that moment was her, was Hazel. I really don't know how to handle these, these feelings? I don't wanna admit that's what they are. 

I can't like her, what am I thinking? This is all just a game, just a stupid game that'll all be over soon. 

My argument with myself was interrupted when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 
I had a text from Hazel. 

Hey... I know it's late but,  I just wanted to say that I had a much better time tonight than I thought I would. So thanks gray :) 

I exhaled frustrated. Why is she making this so difficult for me. 
You cannot lead her on, don't let her know that you actually like her. Oh my god, what am I even saying.

Yeah, no problem. 

That's good right? Just short and simple.
Sounds kinda douchey though...
But, I have to make her think I'm a dick so she won't like me. That way, she won't want anything to do with me and she never has to know about the bet.
Right? 

At least I don't have to see her til monday, that gives me two days to shake everything off. 

If you let her in... you're just going to break her.
You've broken enough.

-Hazel's POV-

I've had butterflies the entire night. What happened didn't feel real, like it was a dream. I'm still trying to convince myself it's not, as cliche as I sound.

I know that what we did was because of a game, but it didn't feel like it. It felt like so much more than a dare. I've never seen Grayson that ardent in all the time that i've known him, even though he's never really known me. 

I've been sitting here rattling it all in my mind and it's driving me up a wall. I couldn't stand bottling all up anymore, and my sisters were asleep so I decided to text him. Ok Hazel, don't go all romance novel pour your heart out on him, just keep it... short and simple. 

Hey... I know it's late but, I just wanted to say that I had a much better time tonight than I thought I would. So thanks gray :)  

I threw my phone at the end of the bed anxiously waiting for him to respond. After a few minutes, I felt the vibrations and dove to see what he said. 

Yeah, no problem. 

Yeah no problem? What the hell is that? Yeah, no problem? I guess I was expecting something a little more heartfelt than that, but I can't really say I'm surprised. This is Grayson Dolan, the emotionless hot guy that doesn't know how to express his feelings. I just wish he'd open up. We've only been "involved" for a few days, if we even are involved, so I just have to wait and see. Ugh... there's nothing I hate more than being patient.

Maybe I'll just feel him out on Monday and see where we're at. But I still have to go the weekend with out seeing him... ugh. HIGH SCHOOL CRUSHES SUCK.

-Next Morning-

I woke up around 9, still reminiscing about last night. I walked into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I pulled down the collar of my t-shirt revealing a series of pretty intense hickies. I brushed over each one with my fingers, biting my lip. I knew I couldn't let anyone see these, especially my mom, so I grabbed some makeup to cover it up. I guess I'll be wearing some high neck stuff for the next few days. 

I (not so) patiently went about my day, hoping for a text or call from Grayson, but there was nothing. I don't mean to sound so clingy but it's just eating at me. I don't know if he really has feelings for me or not. Yeah it was a dare but at the same time he wasn't treating it like one. I just want to find out what he's really thinking. That's all.