Chapter 4

Harry was the first one awake, he felt weak: like he had ran a marathon, then got ran over and ran another marathon. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to even open his eyes. He laid there for a couple of minutes until it all came flooding back to him, he shot up in his bed, moaned, and then laid back down. He was alive, he was injected with that stuff, yet he was awake. Relief flooded through him, he was alive and if he was then everyone else must be too. He opened his eyes again and everything came into focus, it was all just a little bit clearer than it had been before he was injected. Harry sighed, he was actually believing all these crazy people's words about "abilities". Then he looked around... EVERYONE WAS THERE! He looked to his right and his eyes landed on Paige and stayed there for a couple minutes, making sure she was breathing and all right. He loved her so much, he doesn't know what he would do without her, he had finally found everything he was looking for. A tear slid down his cheek, the worst was over and everyone turned out okay. Maybe these people  will even let them all go. "You know I can tell, just by the way you look at her. Like the sun won't rise tomorrow if she isn't with you. Like you would watch the world burn just so she'll never cry, it's sweet really. Let me introduce myself, my name is Eric and you don't look any different. But how do you feel?" "Why am I the only one awake?" Asks Harry. "They'll all wake up soon. But I'm on pens and needles, do you feel any different at all? You notice anything?" Harry just looks at this man, he didn't seem bad, just curious and he looked at Harry as if all his dreams came true when he woke up, but he didn't feel like answering any of his questions. Eric's face completely changed all the sudden, Harry could see barely contained fury as he says, "okay." And pulls out a gun and puts it on Paige's head "I asked politely and you refuse to answer I have spent MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE on this project and you will answer everything I ask. I don't need all ten of you, nine will work just fine. Now answer my questions." It all came out in a rush as he answered he just stared at the mans hand, every time he moved Harry flinched, Eric needed to take his hand off the trigger...."I don't feel different at all! I...uh...I hurt, like all over. I can barely move, if I blink it hurts....and I don't know if I'm imagining this but I think my vision has gotten better than what is was before. Nothing else put it away. Please." "Of course," replies Eric, "this is all so exciting, I can't wait until everyone else wakes up."

--------

These people are extremely well prepared was all Perrie thought. They all woke up and they were so happy to see one another. It hurt all over though and Eric kept asking them questions and if they didn't answer soon enough he would pull out his gun and start threatening them. No, they didn't feel different, besides the sight thing and no, they didn't have any abilities. Eric looked so disappointed and was about to let them go until he threatened Eleanor with his gun and Louis freaked out. It was the most amazing thing Perrie had ever seen he broke out of the straps holding him down easily and when he grabbed Eric's arm she heard the snap of his bone. Then everything happened so fast, guards poured into the room and shot Louis. Eleanor screamed, but it was just a sedation dart, Louis was out before he hit the floor. Then they separated them into different rooms. As they were being carried away Perrie could hear Eric shouting he sounded like a kid on Christmas Day "SUPER STRENGTH, WE DID IT, WE ACTUALLY DID IT!" It was impossible. People couldn't have super strength outside of comic books, but she saw it. And now she wondered what she could do, and how her life would change if she got super strength. She felt ridiculous when she tried to lift her bed and it didn't even budge. Just then Darius walked into her room and sat on her bed. "Louis is super strong. He just lifted a car with one hand. Eric, and myself are ecstatic, as you can imagine. Except we have to keep knocking him out because our guards can no longer control him. He is in a medical coma. Anyways I'm telling you all this because we accomplished what we set out to do, we gave you all super powers. And Eric has sent in a highly trusted member of his team into every room. We're going to find out what you can do Perrie." With that he he stood up and kicked Perrie right in the chest. She fell down gasping for air "why-" "I'm not a patient person and maybe we can figure out what your ability is if your life is in danger." With that he walked over to her and started kicking and hitting her, daring her to make him stop.