Chapter 28

The main fight was concentrated around where Niall had made the crevasse. Paige was wondering why she didn't ask Erin to come with her so she could've made them all invisible. But she knew the answer to that. That would've left Harry unprotected, and she already let Danielle stop trying to heal him, she couldn't also leave his body unprotected. So Paige, Zayn and Perrie were walking through New York looking for Darius. New York was a mess. Buildings had fallen, glass was everywhere and Paige could hear the peoples thoughts around her. They were scared, hurt, and confused. Paige couldn't take it anymore. "Guys the people are all hurt. Don't you think we should save them instead of running around trying to find a needle in a haystack?" "Paige, in order for this to stop we have to take Darius out. He will keep coming back with new people with new abilities and when we die who will stop him?" Zayn had a point, but she could hear the thoughts of hundreds of people dying around her. Just then the crumpled buildings started moving and the people who could still move we're coming out. "Go hide," Perrie told them, "we will find Darius but we can save people at the same time."

--------

Their numbers had dwindled and Niall thought about murder. Would he go to jail for killing people that were attacking him? Probably not, but how was he suppose to live with himself? He could barely handle it now, the guilt was crippling, and he prayed that he hadn't actually killed anyone. They were passed out and had a couple broken bones, that's what he had to tell himself. They were surrounded. Gemma could barely sit up, but Niall wasn't really worried about her because anyone that touched her would die. That would be a horrible way to live the rest of your life. No human contact at all and if someone forgot and hugged you, or even if a stranger brushed into you on the street you would kill them. She would also have to deal with the death of her brother. Tears filled Niall's eyes as he thought about all the fun times he had with Niall on their tours and even when they'd just hang out at each other's houses. Someone tried to get across the crevasse Niall created a mountain and they crashed into it and fell. "Niall!" Erin's voice broke him out of his thoughts. He sees the smoke from the gun and hears the blast but doesn't feel anything. He wondered if he was dead. He was twenty years old all of his dreams had come true when he auditioned for X factor, and then his life was complete when he had met Erin. But he was young he wanted a family and a dog and maybe to even go back to college one day and it was all going to end because a man had decided to kidnap him and give him "powers." Maybe the injection had really killed him and he was just in hell, watching his friends and girlfriend die slowly. He couldn't fathom dying in a foreign city thousands of miles away from home. He didn't want to think about his mom his dad or his brother. Niall snapped out of it. The bullet was in front of him but it hadn't it him. "Niall!" Erin's voice seemed to come from far away. "Are you okay? We really need your help can you fight?" Just then two men jumped the crevasse one could fly, and the other could turn invisible just like Erin, and he had the gun. Niall picked up the ground underneath a truck and through it at the man that was flying. The other man went invisible but Niall could feel the vibrations he made in the earth when he walked. He swing and connected with the man's jaw, and he heard a satisfying crunch. This man had just tied to kill him. Niall was getting ready to throw another punch when the man said "please, don't hurt me. I have a wife and a seven month old. Darius said he would not only kill me but my family too if I refused to fight. We all have someone we care about or we wouldn't be doing this! I just want to see my little girl again. Pl-" the man had stopped talking when the collar he was wearing electrocuted him. The man slumped to the ground, dead. And Niall decided that he would die to stop Darius from doing any further damage.