1 • Emely

mya's pov:

I decided to call my best friend Emely before I can finish this party sized chip bag.

The line rings a few times before I can hear noise on the other line.

"Heyyy Mya whats up?!" she asks.

"Hey Em. Listen, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out at the mall right now with me? or are you busy because I can hear noise in the background?"

"Oh yea sorry thats Grayson he was just leaving, I was walking him outside. But yea, Im totally up for it. I'll be at your house in 15.

"Okay I'll see you then" And with that I hang up.

So shes been with Grayson today. ugh. I've had a massive crush on him since the 5th grade. And now we are juniors and the furthest I've gone is to being one of his best friends. Now of course, I'd rather be his friend than nothing. But I just want more than that.

I decided to clear those thoughts out of my mind and get ready to meet with Emely.

After minutes that felt like hours of searching through my closet, I finally chose to wear a light purple tank top with high wasted shorts and white hightops. I did my usual makeup. Mascara, concealer, lip stick, and filled in my eyebrows.

Just as I grabbed my phone and was about to go downstairs to wait for Emely, I hear a car horn. Sure enough its Emely.

"Hey bitch!!" She yells.

"Hey" I say remembering she was with Gray.

"Oh what's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"It's nothing. Come on, we should get going." I say trying to change the topic. But of course, she wouldn't let it go. She asked me repeatedly for almost 10 mins and the whole time I kept telling her that it was nothing important. I don't think I can ever tell her about my feelings for Gray because I'm terrified of losing her. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Emely speaks up.

"Alright then. Fine. Since you won't tell me I won't let it bother me and I'll cheer you up and buy you Starbucks, pizza, and then ice cream. And we can go see a movie. It's all on me.

I look at her in disbelief and quickly yell out "NO NO NO EMELY STOP PLEASE DONT I APPRECIATE IT BUT NO PLEASE!!" I says shaking her arm a bit violently. I really hate it when people give me money or spend money on me. In all honesty,  I mean, I love money. Does that even make sense? Probably not. But I feel so bad knowing they probably worked for that money. And she knows that real good.

"You have no choice" she's said in a singy-song voice. Clearly trying to annoy me.

"Only if you tell me why you're upset" she says trying to get her way. And telling her was obviously NOT AT ALL an option.

"Nope" I tell her popping the "p".

"Fine. Then I'll buy you everything I see you eyeing." She says trying to hide her smirk. Let's just say her buying me stuff is a much better option than telling her about Grayson for me.

We were both hungry so we bought some food at the food court. We ate in silence until Emely speaks.

"There's something wrong with Grayson" she tells me.