Chapter 4 -- "I'm here"

Mya's pov:

I woke up crying, chest rising up and down uncontrollably, heart racing.

I thought it was just a horrible dream

Guess I was wrong when I realized I'm at the hospital.

I see Grayson come in and quickly come to my side.

"Shh. Its okay. You're okay. I'm here" he whispers holding my hand and laying his head on my stomach.

I feel hot tears rolling down my cheeks and he wipes them away with his thumb.

"Grayson, what happened?" I whispered.

He was hesitant at first. "You and Em got into an accident. Someone drove by and called an ambulance. But hey, you're okay"

I gasped more tears falling now.

"Where's Emely?! Is she okay?!"

All Grayson does is look down as he intertwines our hands and rubs my knuckles with his thumb.

"Grayson tell me!!" I practically yell at him.

"Emely's impact on her head was very intense. So they um... they had the transport her to an out of state doctor. None of the doctors here could help which is why they sent her to.... New Jersey (this is all false information about a "special doctor". this is all just stuff im making up.) and she still hasnt woken up.

"So you're saying that....that my best friend is...miles away from me?"

There is just enough room for Gray to lay on the bed next to me. I buried my head in his neck while his had was rubbing my back, our hands still intertwined.

"Thank you for staying with me, Gray"

"Of course. I'll always be here for you no matter what, and I'll always stay. I'm here. You'll always have me, and you know that." Gray says.

I start blushing and try to hide my smile.

"You're so adorable" he says followed by a chuckle.

"Yeah I know" I say with a smirk, looking up at him.

He just laughs and kisses my forehead and starts playing with my hair.

We were interrupted by the doctor coming in. "We have been informed that Emely has woken up. Luckily, there was no real brain damage, only for short term amnesia, which will probably last for a week or so." He says smiling.

I swing my arms around Gray's neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. "This is great, I'm so happy" I said in between sniffles.

The doctor spoke up. "She said she would like for Mya to call her once you got the news. So Mya, you have a phone call to make." He closes the door and leaves.

"Gray can you hand me my phone please. Its inside my bag on the chair" I say pointing to where it is.

Once he grabs it, he lays back down next to me, intertwining our hands again. Since this kid is obviously not gonna let go, I'm gonna have to type with one hand. I struggle with searching for her contact but soon her the ringing on the other line.