Chapter 5

Today was the day of the dance. No one came to school though because they were all getting ready for the dance tonight. I woke up knowing even though it was the dance I still needed to go to school. I never liked missing any school, it was always too much work when you got back. As I walked down the stairs I can into contact with all the makeup, nailpolish, all different styling products, and accessories.The gasp left my lips before I could even try to stop it. I stared at my mom as she tried to organize this tornado of a mess.

“Oh hon, I am glad you are up! I have the day all planned out! First we are..” I started to zoom out. I was not used to this. Mom usually only had time with Athena. She has never done something like this for me before. I  never really thought that she cared.

I spent the whole day with my mom. We went to the spa, got our hair done, and even got manicures. I had never been so pampered in my life. It was a foreign concept to me. I had never had anyone play with my hair, or obsess over what the perfect colour my nails should be. I didn’t want to admit it out loud, but I really liked today. I liked feeling special for once in my life. Something that I never really got much.

When we got home it was 5:45 Jeremy was going to come pick me up in a less than half an hour! I ran up to my room carefully, not wanting to mess up the beautiful creation all the people have made today. I carefully grabbed my dress and slipped it on.

The sudden urge to pee made me run to the bathroom. As I washed my hands I looked up. In the mirror I there was a beautiful girl. Her black hair was perfectly curled and twisted off to the side in a messy bun. Around her eyes was a gray smokey makeup that made the hazel in her eyes pop out, that otherwise would never even show. Her lips were a deep red, it complemented her skin perfectly. The girl was wearing my greek styled dress. The gold looked perfect on her skin and the white made her dark, flawless skin stand out.

I stared at this girl for what seemed like hours. It took me awhile to realize that girl was me. I looked at my self and instead of seeing a average looking girl that would never get a second glance, I seen a girl guys and girls, would watch walk by and stare at as she walked away. I walked down the stairs to show my mother. Baba, Mom, and Athena were all sitting around the table. I hear multiple gasps as I walked into the room.

“Esme, you… you looks so…” Mom bursted into tears before she could finish her sentence.

“Dear you you amazing!” Baba smiled at me. I couldn’t help but think of today as she smiled, and then all the memories of last night. last night. All the questions still spun around my head, just waiting to hear it’s answer.

“Emse!” I squealed as Athena jumped up at me. I fell backwards and fell on my butt. Laughing Athena spoke again, “Esme, you look like a princess! Are you a Princess now?”

I smiled at my little sister. For the first time in my life I really felt like a princess. “Thank you! And you know what?”

“What?” she yelled excitedly at me.

“I think I am a princess.” The biggest smile spread across her face.

“Does that me I am sisters with a princess?” Her head tipped slightly to the left as she asked.

“Yes it does,” I answered her knowing what I was about to say would just make her day, “but you know what that also means?”

“No, what! Esme! What it it?”

“It means your a princess too!”

A knock on the door stopped our conversation. Jonathan was here!

I ran to the door. When I opened it Jonathan was standing there in a slick black suit and tie. I made him look so handsome.  I could not help the smile that creeped onto my face as he stared at me in shock. Maybe I was really a princess.

“Emse! You look… you look beautiful.” The truthfulness in his voice poured out and surrounded me.

I blushed at his comment. I had never blushed before and it was a strange concept to me. My face felt really hot, and I know it was red. Still the smile on my face widened even though I thought it was going to snap in half.

“Thank you.” With just my simple thank you the most beautiful smile to creep onto his face showing all his pearly whites.

“You ready to go?” All I could manage to do was smile and nod. I was so excited I could not form words.

As we walked to his car I could feel my hands getting moist. I couldn't believe I was doing this. I was really going to go to the dance with Jonathan. The more I thought about it the more nervous yet excited I was feeling. I was thrilled to be here, to be with the most handsome guy in the world. Though I was so nervous I would mess it up, that I would do or say something that would scare him away. That thought sent chills through my body. I would rather die than ever have to go through that.

He opened the door for me and I slide in. Wiping my hands on my legs to try and dry them off. I never felt like this before. It all scared wits out of me. The drive was silent, only the soft sound of the radio made any effort to try making sound in the car. Seeing the school made my heart feel as though it would jump out at any minute.

“Stay here!” What! Was he going to leave me in the car all night? Did he really not want to go with me? I knew it was to go to be true. Just as the last thought left my head my door opened.

“Did you really think I would let you open your own door princess.” I swear my eyes popped out of my head. Did he just really call me princess?

“Um… Thanks!” I laughed because of how silly I was acting. It was hilarious that some random bo was doing all this to me. Treating me like a princess, Making me so nervous, and scared of rejection.

Walking into the dance it was like walking into a club. The music was overly loud, pumping out the latest hits of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and One Direction. There were tables of snacks and drinks, going from chips to a cake, and the dancing! Oh my the dancing! The dancing was scary to even glance at. The teachers were trying to stop the madness, getting the kids to dance farther apart, but eventually gave up. Jonathan looked at me, I had no idea what to think. Did he expect me to dance like that? There was no way I was going to dance like that. I mean what they were doing was not supposed to be considered dancing!

“So.. do you want to dance?” I laughed at the nervous tone in his voice. I would love to only, not like everyone else, and if that is what he wanted I might as well leave.

“Okay, but I am not going to dance like that!” I pointed my finger at a couple that were a little too close for my liking. I closed my eye and shook my head trying to get the images out of my head. Yuck!

He laughed, “okay, that’s alright by me! Some people! They don’t know how to keep anything to himself!”

As we pushed our way to the dance floor I ended up losing Jonathan. I looked around trying to find him. When I was about to give up I felt a arm snake around my waist. I jumped and tried my hardest not to scream.

“Hey! I don’t remember seeing you around!” I pushed away from the man. I looked up to see a very handsome blonde boy. His hair reminded me of Justin Bieber's old hair. His bright green eyes shone down at me. He was not as tall as Jonathan, but he was just as muscular. He was not that bad of a looker. I bet he got all the girls. He was not as handsome as Jonathan though. I smiled at the thought of opnathan.

Just as I was about to tell him to leave me alone another arm snaked around my waist. Sparks flew up my body, leaving goose bumps all over my body. I was instantly filled with the comforted that had left me since I had lost Jonathan in the crowd. I looked up to see Jonathan glare at this man with the most passionate hate.

“Coltan! Leave now!” The power in his voice radiated through the gym. Almost everyone was looking as, most of whom were looking at Jonathan with bowed heads, as if to show him respect. What was it for though? Whoever this Coltan kid was, was not gone without even a second thought. I stared up at Jonathan in disbelief. What had just happened? Why did everyone stare at him like that? Why didn’t Coltan put up more of a fight like I am sure he wanted to? I guess I will just have more questions to add to the list.

________________________________________________________________

Little bit more you can do it!