In the room

I crept in quiet as a mouse and whisperd, "Tommy , Tommy it's Sarah your alright now your in England there's no tunnels for you to get trapped in here " He whipped round on the then "what would you know about France or England you were never there " . That was the moment I realised I was going to have to disclose why I'd come here . "Tom "I said "I have something to tell you I was there in those bloody battles I cleared up the after math until my father vanished and I had to go home to the bairns but when the flu took them and without the money they'd brought in through work , I faced a choice work the streets or be a nun like my ma chose I couldn't though I'd lost all faith till aunt pol wrote to me it saved my life " . He seemed startled "oh god Sarah I never knew pol said you'd hit hard times and needed help but never that hard " he reached out and hugged me for a brief moment I was back in the arms of the real Tommy and not this angry imposter the war had brought but not for long .

A few seconds later he rose from the bed and decided he was going to the garrison for a pint "not again Tommy " I heard polly roar "you nor Arthur are ever sober these days " ,"it never took our John that way so why you two " , "Because pol different sights take different men in different ways "! And he flew out the door after that . I asked Aunt pol what had happened but she refused to talk about it so I followed Tommy to the pub instead.