Episode 8

"Hey, Cori!" Kole shot a smirk towards Nicky when Cori finally left her hiding place to join them in the kitchen.

"I saved you some cereal," Nicky smiled, quickly stashing the weathered magazine under the table.

"Thanks," Cori accepted the bowl of flakes from Nicky.

"Is she blushing?" Kole blurted suddenly, grinning again at Nicky.

"No, it's just a little sunburn," Nicky frowned at Kole, then turned apologetically back to Cori. "There's no milk, but it's still good," he told her.

Cori sat down and quickly eyed Tanner. After overhearing Miracle 10's discussion and Kole's continuous taunts at Nicky, dry cereal was the least of her concerns.

"So, Cori," Kole began again. "I have to ask you a question!"

Cori raised her brows anxiously and Kole cracked a grin.

"You like Miracle 10, right?" he asked, causing Cori to take a nervous gulp. "So... who's your favorite member?" he finished, eyes twinkling mischievously. However, before Cori could even awkwardly say 'umm', Nicky interrupted.

"Hey, does anyone know where the tents are?" he changed the subject, looking almost as uncomfortable as Cori.

"The tents?" Axel looked at him curiously. "What do you need the tents for?"

Nicky hesitated for a moment, shooting Tanner a glance.

"Cori and I are camping tonight," he answered at last. "Since nobody else ever wants to."

"What?!" shouted Kole. "What do you mean we don't want to?!"

"Yeah, man, I can't believe you weren't going to invite us!" laughed JM.

"You want to camp?" Nicky looked at them incredulously. "Outside?"

"Of course we do! We're not gonna let you and Cori have all the fun!" Kole laughed and elbowed Cori lightly. "Right, guys?" he looked around the kitchen.

"Right!" JM nodded in approval.

"What else is there to do?" shrugged Axel.

Now there was only one person left to agree. Curiously awaiting a response, the entire room turned to Tanner who lowered his coffee mug and stared back.

"I'm in," he said at last.

"Okay, then great," Nicky smiled, although his eyes didn't quite seem to match the expression.

~~~

"I can't believe we've never used these tents even once!" JM helped Nicky heft the tent storage bags out of the closet under the stairs.

"I can," Nicky paused to look up at the balcony.

"Hey, guys! Help me get this mattress down the steps!" Kole was straining to push his twin bed through the bedroom door.

"What are you doing?!" JM shouted, dropping the tent carrying case and leaping up the stairs. "Hey! This is my mattress! Put it back!"

"Do they know we have an air mattress?" Tanner tugged a deflated mat out of the vast closet and took a seat on the couch next to Cori. "They're idiots," he whispered, an amused twinkle in his eyes.

Cori giggled and her stomach gave a little flip.

"You know, you do look like you're blushing," he added lowly.

"It's honestly just a sunburn," Cori told him quickly, though she could feel the real thing beginning to heat up her already warm cheeks.

"It's okay," Tanner went on. "It looks kind of-"