Episode 14

"Great," Cori quickly ducked into the wood shed, as the rain really started to pour. "I just had to leave Camp Cobo," she kicked herself as she huddled in the tight space between the logs. "And I don't even have any good memories to bring back," she frowned. "At least not now. They're all ruined- My whole life is ruined. Miracle 10 hates me." Cori shivered, wondering how she could ever listen to her favorite band again without feeling upset.

"I guess I'll just have to start liking that girl group, Sidney Sunshine," she was just telling herself, when a gust of wind blasted the door closed, suddenly sending her into recollections of the last time she had been trapped inside the shed.

"It would have been such a good story to tell Dezarae," she sadly remembered how close she and Nicky had been standing in the dark shack. "Oh well, it's not like she would have believed me anyways," Cori decided, but even though the desire of making Dezarae jealous left her, the disappointed feeling in her gut remained. All she could seem to focus on now, was the fact that this time in the wood shed, she was completely alone- and not just in the physical sense.

"I can't believe even Nicky thinks I took it," the hurt was really pounding at her stomach just as the rain on the roof. "Not like I'd even want something of Tanner's," she grimaced down at his tee shirt. "Now that I think about it," she twisted her lip. "I don't know what that was all about last night... but Tanner's actually been pretty mean to me ever since I got here." Cori sighed deeply. "But Nicky hasn't. He's only ever been nice. Overly nice. Well, until he decided I'm a thief. I mean, I guess it makes sense he'd believe Tanner... but still..."

Being stranded in the wood shed during a storm again made it impossible not to reflect on her previous stay with Nicky, but knowing he was mad at her too, it was also impossible not to cry.

"Why are you crying?" Cori scolded herself and tightly closed her watery eyes, but that only allowed her mind to create even more visions of Nicky U.

"Stop it," she wiped her eyes. "It's over. You're going home tomorrow. And you'll never see them again. Nicky thinks you did it. Kole thinks you did it. Axel thinks you did it. And JM thinks you did it," Cori was so overwhelmed by her sadness that she didn't even realize she had left out Tanner. "It's over," she repeated again, the shed suddenly feeling much more empty than she remembered it.

"Well, at least I have a shelter," Cori sighed as the rain continued to pelt the shed. "Ha. I should have just stayed in here the whole time. Then I couldn't have been accused of stealing anything more than a piece of firewood," she exhaled wryly. "I wonder just how long it's going to rain," she thought, leaning against the back wall. "And I wonder if anyone's wondering where I went. Surely they'd be worried since it's storming, right? Even if they are mad at me..."

Cori frowned and tried to empty her mind, for the longest time just focusing on the sound of the falling rain. However, as she listened to the drops run down the sides of the shed, she suddenly felt something run down her arm.

"Huh? Is the roof leaking?" she glanced up, then at her arm. "AH!" she screamed as she saw what had traveled down her skin. A spider.

"UGH!" she flung it off and stumbled away from the wall, shivering creepily. "Eww, that's the problem with camps. There are way too many bugs," she pulled her limbs tight to her sides, and glanced around for anything else that might be crawling in the shed. She shuddered as she saw the spider make its way back up the wall, but perhaps even more unsettling than the insect, was the new memory that it had just provoked.

Despite being stuck in a small, dark space with a creepy-crawly, Cori's concerns were more concentrated on the spider from the day before- and where it had landed her- Nicky U's arms.