Damon

He blew you off, again. You and your boyfriend Damon were supposed to meet at the Grill. You spent 3 hours waiting for him at the bar, indulging one Sheryl Temple after another.

It wasn't until Matt came up to you, questioning why you were still there. "I'm waiting for Damon, date night tonight." You have Matt a small smile.

"Really?" Matt questioned seeming surprised. "Huh. Well he's with Elena and Bonnie, trying to find some spell to open that locked coffin, ya know?"

"Thanks Matt. I completely forgot." You lied. You paid Matt his tip before leaving.

You drove to the boarding house in silence, the only sound was the soft purr of the engine and the constant squeaking from the windshield wipers. You just wanted to go home and sleep.

You arrived at the house, Stephan greeting you. "What's wrong?" He questioned.

You stopped, throwing your semi-wet coat on one of the many chairs in the lounge room. You couldn't form any words. You just laughed to yourself.

"Uh oh. You're laughing. Y/N, what's wrong?" Stephan said again.

"It's Damon! He stood me up again! And surprise surprise he's with Elena and Bonnie! I spent 3 hours at the Grill waiting for that ass hat! And on top of that! He couldn't even call, or send a text saying, 'hey I'm not gonna make it. I'm busy with my ex.'" You lashed out.

Stephan took a careful step towards you, as you were the vampire and he was the fragile human. "Calm down. It's gonna be fine. I bet Damon has a good reason why he didn't call."

"You mean excuse. He has a good excuse." You said in a monotone. "I'm tired Stephan. I'm going to bed."

"Alright. Goodnight Y/N." Stephan sighed.

~
You woke up to a pair of warm arms around you. You groaned, rolling over.

You wiped the left over sleep from your eyes and saw Damon. His features looked soft and peaceful when he was sleeping. He was so beautiful.

Wait.

You wiggled out of his tight embrace and shoved him, of course he barely budged. "Mm. Good morning to you too, princess." He laughed, his voice deep and groggy.

You stood from the bed, no saying a word as you grabbed a pair of jeans off the floor. You walked to the closet you shared with Damon, taking a shirt.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, more alert as he sat up on the bed.

You scuffed. "What's wrong, Damon? What's wrong! What's wrong is that my boyfriend stood me up again on our date night and didn't even tell me that he was busy." Your voice grew louder and louder with it word. By the time you were done with your little rant, your throat felt raw.

"Oh... that." He trailed off.

"Yeah, Damon. That."

"Look, I'm sorry. Something came up and Elena needed-"

This made you furious! It was always Elena! "That's just it! It's always Elena! You bend over backwards for her, Damon! I bet you know every detail of her day! But what about me Damon! Huh? What about when I need help! I bet you didn't know that my grandma passed away last weekend, why am I even asking. Of course you didn't. You're so caught up and focused on Elena that you're never there for me." You sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"I'm tired Damon. I really am. I just need some time." You said softly, you changed into the jeans and the shirt, skipping a shower all together.

"I'm gonna go out, Damon. Don't follow me, don't text me, just let me be right now." You sighed, grabbing your phone and car keys.

"C'mon Y/N. You're being ridiculous." Damon laughed bitterly.

"Am I Damon?" You shut the door behind you, not looking back.