Welcome Home

...I can't remember anything... Why is it so cold? Where am I? Why does my head hurt so bad?

My hand shot up to my head to somehow rub the pain away. Then I realized how bad my arm hurt as well.

Through the pain I squinted down at my arm. There was a large, intricate tattoo on the inside of my forearm, along with a metal bracelet.

What the hell happened to me?

I sat up and looked at my surroundings. The room reminded me of a patients room in an abandoned hospital, without the medical supplies. The bed I was lying on was uncomfortable, with no sheets. There was also a window with singed curtains, and the glass was broken.

I carefully swung my legs over the side of the bed and went to look out the window...

All the buildings are burnt and collapsing. It's like I'm living in a post-apocalyptic world. But how could I have survived an apocalypse and ended up here? Where even is here?

I hear a noise from behind me, and turn to see what it is. I saw no one. The room was empty.

Then I see an arm from under the bed. There was a short, old man partially shaking, hiding. He put a finger to his mouth, silently shushing me.

My head snapped back to the doorway, hearing footsteps. In walked two men.

The man in the front wore a leather trench coat, his gray hair slightly thinning.  The man behind him also wore a leather trench coat, as well as a leather gas mask and some sort of leather head gear.

I got really scared. Everything was being forced onto me so fast, all this new information, and I couldn't even remember my own name.

They walked up to me, the man in the front giving me an evil smirk.

"Have you seen 2146?" He calmly asked.

I glanced down at what the man behind him was holding. He had an over sized needle with a clear liquid halfway filing it.

"A little guy, -" he continued speaking, "-A bit chubby. Around 60, 65, 70." He held his hand up a little above his chin, also holding a notepad, "About this height?"

Unknowingly, I glance down to the man hiding under the bed. The leader notices my action, and tells the man behind him to check under the bed.

I couldn't move. I just watched them do whatever they were doing.

I jumped as the man shoved the needle straight through the mattress into the elder. He looked up at me as he was injected with the medication. The man proceeded to pick the unconscious elder up from under the bed and walked out of the room.

I stuttered, trying to say something. "Why?" Was all I could speak in my Irish accent, hearing my voice for seemingly the first time since forgetting.

The man just pursed his lips and smirked, leaving me in the room - leaving me with my scattered thoughts.

I finally regained my senses and went to the doorway, looking down the hallway where they were headed. It was all dirtied and old. I struggled not to get sick when I saw a dead body lying against the wall, dried blood coming from his mouth.

Glancing behind me I saw other heads peering out of their rooms.

The two men came walking back down the hall, and barged into another room. Everything was quiet for a moment.

Then a man wearing a white, porcelain mask came stumbling out of the room, with the needle sticking out of his back. He grasped at the wall as he fell to the floor.

"Cry! What are you doing to him?" A man yelled, pushing past me to get to the unconscious man with the mask. He gripped his shirt, and looked at the men who were coming out of the room. "You bastards, it can't be his time yet-!" The man with the gas mask kicked him in the gut, causing him to back away from the man supposedly named Cry.

He picked up Cry and walked off with him down the hallway, while the leader leaned against the door frame, looking down at the man who was kicked. He pursed his lips, and looked up to me. He gave me a wide smile and walked off.

The gates at the end of the hall slowly lowered and locked in place.

I'm trapped here. I'm never going to leave this place. It's like I'm going crazy. I don't remember anything about my past or how I got here. If I could remember something, I'd feel less crazy... Less alone.

I want to run somewhere. I want to run anywhere, as long as it's not here. I need someone to save me from this place. I never believed in a god, but if there is someone up there planning out my life story-

Why the hell did they put me here?

---

Authors notes - Compared to other Fanfiction writing styles, I think mine is really odd. Idk how you will like it, but I somewhat enjoyed writing this. I was really inspired by a fan made music video for the song Tower by Avatar, so I give a lot of credit to the makers of that on YouTube. I don't recommend watching it unless you want to spoil the whole plot. Anyways, love ya's.

Nikki out homie slices ✌️