Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, her father gathered them all on the library after having their breakfast. Everyone was there except for their maids and two brothers. The meeting was about their "little adventure" on Sicily. Her mother needs to know every details because ignorance on what happened won't keep her safe. Mas mabuti na na alam ng bawat isa sa kanila ang mga nangyari.

"Let's start with you, Thea." Panimula ng Daddy niya. "How come you agreed to become the next Queen? Did you know what might be the consequences of your action? You can't run away from it for the rest of your life. And as the new Queen, you are now responsible to all the transactions of the Ventimiglia."

Halos hindi na bumubuka ang bibig ng Daddy niya ng sabihin iyon. Alam naman niya na walang matutuwa sa desisyon niyang iyon. Besides, that was the only resolve she knew to save her father.

"Yes Dad. I know that my decision will change my life forever that's why I'm going to ask for your support and assistance. I still know nothing in this kind of business and I know, I must learn how to deal with it."

"But Thea," singit ng mommy niya. "Do you really have to get married soon?"

Napatingin siya kay Leandro. Sinabi ba nitong nagpakasal siya kay Prinsipe? Because if he did, lagot talaga sa kanya ang poker face na Leandro na iyon!

Sinipa niya ang paa ni Leandro. It's a good thing na sa harapan niya ito nakaupo.

Lumingon ito sa kanya saglit at pagkatapos ay ibinalik ang tingin sa mga magulang niya kaya nainis siya ng konti. Bakit ba napaka-arogante ng isang iyon?

"I only agreed to marry their grandson to get Dad and bring him back home. Besides, what they really wanted is to merge the two families. I was fine with that and I will try to convince them that there is no need for me to get married to their grandson just to merge the two families."

"Do you think they will agree to that? It's not as simple as it is."

Ngumiti siya sa Daddy niya. "Dad, they don't have a choice. Wala silang ibang panghahawakan kung hindi ang salita ko. And I've already signed some documents about it. Wala silang dapat ikatakot na baka iurong ko ang kasunduan. Kung gusto nga nila, sa kanila na rin lahat ng mayroon ang Ventimiglia. I don't care a bit at all."

"How about your grandparents?"

Napalingon siya kay Ken na nakahalukipkip. Tinignan rin niya sila Jordan, Lorenzo, Richard, Rui and Steven. Everyone's waiting for her answer.

"Yeah. You know, we've been working to that family for years now. The Ventimiglia was the only place we can call home, you know?" ani Steven.

She was taken aback for that. Hindi pa niya alam ang attachment ng mga ito sa pamilyang Ventimiglia and thinking about it, wala pa siyang alam sa mga ito maliban kay Leandro na sa pagkakaalam niya ay isang assassin.

"I can bring them here in the Philippines and you all can stay with us. Iwan ninyo ang magulong buhay na mayroon kayo and start anew. We can help you with that. We will provide for – " she was cut off when Leandro stood up.

"I've had enough. I'll excuse myself now." At tuloy tuloy itong lumabas na sinundan pa nila Ken. Naiwan silang tatlo ng mommy at daddy niya sa loob ng library.

"I know this is all new to you, Princess," basag na daddy niya sa katahimikang namayani sa kanilang tatlo noong lumabas sila Leandro. "I won't allow you to get married to someone we didn't even know. And as for the businesses of the Ventimiglia, you have to learn every single thing on how you will manage it. From now on, you will be under Leandro's supervision. I trained him myself and I know, he can teach you well."