New York; 1.13 a.m.

Chips or nachos. Chips or nachos. What should I pick? I wish I had some money.
   I stood there for about fifteen minutes and I still can't pick one of them. The Mountain Dew is right behind my sweater and I should bring it safely outside this mini market.
   I finally grabbed a pack of potato chip which full of air. Then I teared the edge of the pack to dispose the air before I sliped it on the other side of my sweater pocket.
   I walked calmly through the door and the cashier was busy with his cell phone so I can go out easily. I reached the door handles when I saw someone's hand was holding the other side of it. No need a long time, I was thinking that the people behind this door was going to push or pull the door. Unfortunately, I was not quick enough to moved—or there is no time to moved—so the people which stood opposite with me is pushed the door hardly and my forehead was hitted. I fell crashed into the floor and the Mountain Dew is jumped out of my sweater and make noise.
   It was a boy who made me fell and he was looking at me like there was nothing before. He used a headset and put it out when he saw me lying on the floor. He helped me up when the cashier saw the Mountain Dew was on the floor. The cashier asked me and then I've caught stealing. I told the cashier that I just got theft and didn't have enough money to buy something. But the boy who hitted me paid it and then he grabbed my hand and pulled me out.
   "Thank you." I said.
   "No, it doesn't matter. But, are you okay? Did I just make you hurt?"
   I rubbed my forehead. "No, it's okay." I smiled towards him.
   "So, how did you get theft? And who are you? Why are you here?"
   "I don't know, in the morning I just got here, but suddenly the thief was took all of my things. A bag, include the purse and the phone. I have nothing left, and I don't know what to do."
   "Why are you here?" he looked at me curiously.
   "An audition. But I cancelled it after the accident."
   "An audition? Like dance or sing?"
   "No, you know a folk band Under the Bridge is missing their vocal."
   "Oh, I got it." he scratched his head. "So, where is your home?" he started to walk down the road and I joined.
   "Boston."
   "What?" he stopped and looked at me. "Boston?"
   "Eh-hm." I looked at him and started to walk again. "And I'm half crazy thinking about how do I get home. You know, I should be home this morning. And.." I was suddenly recognized something. "What time is this?"
   "2.02."
   "Really? It take about 3 hours to get home." I starred at him, asked for advice and help, and have a little pannic attack of course.
   "I don't have enough money to take you back home."
   I didn't hear anything he said I just really crazy about how I get home before I said, "Your friends, is there someone who can lend me some money? I'll pay it when I just get home."
   "Do you have any reason why I should trust you? How if you already home but you disappeared without a word?" he said it sarcastically.
   And I was freezing. His words is true even that I'm not that type of person. Even that I will pay it when I get home. We're stranger. "Oh, well, my ID card was lost so I can't give you anything to trust. Thank you, it's nice meeting you. I'll handle this." I was offering him a handshake, but he just looked at me.
   "Are you gonna ask for help to others? How could you ask for it if the only way you're doing when you're hungry is steal from a store?"
   I glared at him, really mad. I can feel my teeth were pressed into each other, and I said, "Did I offend you before? You know I didn't asked you to paid the things in that store and now you offend me?"
   "No, I just make me trust you," he looked at me, maybe he feel wrong. "We're stranger, you know, I-I just told you something, and, and people make mistake. Yeah, people make mistake."
   I looked into his eyes, he's really recognized he did something wrong. I took my Mountain Dew and threw it to him before I left.
   He catched the tin and he followed after me, "Oh God, h-hey, wait!"
   "What? What do you want?" I faced him. "Listen, thank you for your help, but it's over. You can go back to whatever you're doing before I came along and ruin your night." then I continued to walk.
   "Hey, stop, stop," he still followed me and he walked right in front of me, trying to make me stopped. "You didn't ruin my night, and I was—" he stopped walk and I stopped too. "Look, my night is already ruined before you showed up and it's gonna be more ruined after you leave. And if I can get you home, it would make me," he stopped, took a deep breath. "a hero."
   I just stood there and listen to what he talked. His face is honest. Maybe he's really want to helped me.
   "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to pry, but, it seems to be you gotta get home tonight, right?" he talked again, knowing that there is no answer from me.
   "Yes."
   "Okay, let's work this out. What time you should get home?"
   "At the latest at 7 in the morning."
   "Let me guess you'll leave at 3.30? 4.00? We have time." he offered his hand to me, ask me to hold it.