Chapter 9

After getting over her sudden nostalgia-induced shock, Padmé jerked when she saw her commlink glowing on her waist. Luke was still frozen before her, his eyes centered on the silhouette waiting ominously on the stairs. Ignoring the fact that her husband was standing right there and was radiating confusion and anger towards her, she pulled out her comm and studied it to see the message she had received. She allowed herself to breathe a little easier when she saw that Artoo had indeed found the others and that they were on their way to rescue Han.

     This was their chance. The others were safe and they could walk out of here before Vader could threaten them or trigger the trap Leia had been screaming about. However, based on Luke's body language, he wasn't going anywhere any time soon. He had been told that Vader killed his father and a bright hot need for revenge was coursing through the youth's blood. Not even Padmé's kind words could stop what was about to happen.

     "The Force is with you young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." Vader's voice echoed, the words lulling Luke to step further into the room with his blaster raised and his other hand on his saber. Padmé stalked after him, trying to keep her head down. Her vibroblade was practically humming in her hand, but she knew that if the time came, she couldn't hurt Anakin.

     "And you, Jedi. Do not think you can corrupt this boy to your ways. He is mine...and you are dead," Vader rumbled, glaring through his mask at the mysterious hooded figure. Despite his or her obvious Jedi status, the figure oddly carried a vibroblade, most likely to disguise their true identity.

     Their Force-signature was heavily blocked, yet it was indeed the same person who happened to be blocking Luke's presence from him as well. No matter who the Jedi was, he or she would pay for turning his child against him.

     Speaking of Luke, the boy had finally put his blaster away and moved for his saber, unhooking it and raising it high before igniting it with a familiar snap-hiss. Blue illuminated the orange-tinted room and Vader fought a scoff at the pathetic, attempted lightsaber form Luke was standing in. The hooded figure moved beside the boy, holding his or her humming vibroblade high as well, the entrancing black and silver glow of the blade placed in a defensive position. It was very much unlike Luke's obvious offensive and very incorrect stance.

     Knowing that it wouldn't take long to disarm and kill the hooded one and have Luke inside the carbon chamber and ready for freezing, Vader too ignited his saber, the blood red color much more somber and terrifying as it swooped down to meet the saber and vibroblade.

     Luke was the first to act, a battle cry leaving his throat as he swung forward at Vader, every move he made sloppy, which was a neon sign to how undertrained he still was. However, when the hooded figure stepped in, Vader was impressed to have met a worthy adversary. The vibroblade seemed to come from every direction, the wielder graceful with all of his or her steps, and the hood never once falling off. Vader rose his saber to defend, intrigued by the trickery the Jedi had given him by convincing him that he or she would be fighting in a defensive position the entire time to protect Luke, his or her obvious apprentice. Now Luke was almost amusedly standing to the side, his saber still raised but his face confused on how to intervene.

     Angry now, Vader stepped out of his own defensive position and sliced forward, smirking at the pained cry created and watching the Jedi grasp his or her arm. Luke jumped in almost as soon as it happened, his head back in the game and his skills somehow slightly improved in the past few seconds, most likely from watching his mentor. To Vader however, Luke was no threat, the blue saber almost comically slow in its blows.

     It didn't take long for the Sith to best the child, two quick moves allowing him to hook Luke's saber out of his hand and send it flying down the stairway. Another lightning quick move from Vader and Luke jumped back, his eyes wide at his now weaponless hands. The hooded figure rushed up behind him however, pushing Luke to the side and interlocking with Vader once more.