Chapter 19

"Like hell," Han snarled, fighting against Luke and Leia as they tried to hold him back.

"Han, it's okay," Luke tried to console the older man only to have a heated glare directed his way.

"It is not okay, Luke. It is the opposite of okay. You're telling me you're gonna go off with your Sith father over here to kill the kriffing Emperor, and that Chewie, Lando and I are just gonna stay here and twiddle our thumbs? You could all die! And last time I checked, Vader wasn't an ally of ours!" Han screeched, his face steaming and red.

"Han, you won't be doing nothing, you'll be providing our escape," Leia pleaded, blinking desperately up at the furious Corellian.

"Not much escaping going on if you're dead," Han grumbled, but his voice gave way to the true fear he held. "I can't...I can't lose you two."

"And you won't," Luke whispered, brushing back a strand of Han's hair and smiling up at him. "We'll be fine."

Leia looked over at her brother and felt the lie through the Force. He was very good at pretending he was confident and Leia was shocked to find herself looking through it. Fortunately however, Han slumped, sated by Luke's words and sighing lightly. "I still ain't gonna sit here, that's for sure. Even if I am your damn getaway driver. I won't be playing dejarik while you two are out risking your lives."

The twins were silent for a moment before they both perked up in remembrance. "Han, we actually do have something for you to do," Leia said with a small smirk.

Han raised an eyebrow, suspicious of Leia's smug look. "Okay, what is it?"

"The droids," Luke said perkily, watching Han's face mold into a scowl.

"The droids?"

"They were taken to be scanned for information from the Rebellion. If you could get them, remove their restraining bolts and bring them back to the ship, then we wouldn't have to worry about that information getting out," Leia said with a smile.

"Plus, Artoo and Threepio are our friends. They've saved our lives countless of times and we owe them a rescue," Luke pleaded with big blue eyes. Han swore and looked away from Luke before he gave in.

But it was too late to look away. Han rolled his eyes and grumbled, "Where are they?"

The twins shared a triumphant grin before replying in unison, "On the Executor,"

Han groaned, thinking about having to go back on a docked Imperial Super Star Destroyer in the midst of a major battle. Just great. All for the sentient garbage disposal and Goldenrod. "You two are so lucky I like you," Han complained to the grinning Skywalkers.

"We'll meet you back here afterwards, we promise," Leia said softly, her smile fading into something more wistful.

"Just...stay safe, the both of you."

"The same to you," Luke said with an equally sad smile. Neither twin could bear to see Han hurt again, the carbonite had been hard enough... After a silence, Han rushed forward and engulfed both Luke and Leia in a tight hug.

"Those damn droids better be worth it," Han laughed through a sudden onslaught of tears, the Corellian hastily wiping at his eyes as he pulled out of the hug.

"This isn't goodbye you nerfherder so stop making it feel like one," Leia said through her own tears, the princess turning away to sniffle lightly.

"We love you, Han," Luke said, a tear slipping down his dirty cheek before he grabbed Leia's hand and walked back towards their parents with her. Neither twin wanted to acknowledge Han's eyes following them all the way away, his fear prominent in the Force. It took Han a moment to collect himself before he finally turned towards Lando and Chewie to inform them of their next mission. He couldn't afford to get distracted.