Prologue

Author's note:
The book is currently being rewritten. Since this is one of my earlier works, my writing has improved and I wanted to rewrite it since it's roughly written. I did add more in-depth context to the character. I hope you enjoy!

Alexandra POV:

"Now honey don't forget to call us. So we know your doing okay. Oh, and–" I cut my mom off.
"–Yes mom. I won't forget, okay? Now can I please go?" I whine. My mother sighs and nods. I smile and pull her into a hug, one that was needed on both ends.

"Bye sweety, love you." My mom says close to tears as she reluctantly pulled away. I chuckle at her overemotional state, but nod anyways. "I love you too. Don't worry mom, I'll be fine. I'm only thirty minutes away." I reassure her.

She smiled and nods, before handing me my backpack. I thank her before I watch her get in the car and drive off. I sigh at the sudden quietness. I grab my duffle bag and sling it on. I turn and look at the campus that I'll be going to school and living in for the next four years.

Illyria was a prestigious boarding school. Their school colors were charcoal black and candy apple red. They were well known for excelling in athletics and they did decent in the academic department.

My father attended Illyria in his high school days and was known to be quite the athlete star. My older brother also attended Illyria, except he excelled at academics rather than athletics. He was only three years older but being a certified genius, he graduated when he was only 15. He now works at a gaming company and is currently working on new technology with them. But, don't be fooled by his IQ, he has what people call a "package" deal. He was smart, but, he also was good at sports; he just prefers academics over athleticism. Not to mention mannerisms is in his top five.

Now when I came along, my mom was disheartened to find I took after my father. She still loved me but deep down I knew she was disappointed I wasn't into the same things she was. While she was about books and mannerisms; I was about sports and fun.

I silently watch as the other kids were being dropped off as well. Some seemed to be returning students and others were freshman such as myself. Finally, I take a deep breath grabbing the handle of my suitcase and began walking to the dorms. I dig through my pocket to find my crumbled up paper with my dorm number on it. With the amount of times we came to visit Illyria, I knew the campus at the back of my hand. Well, except the dorms, since they were off limits the times we visited.

I would smile and nod at the people I would pass. Until I reach the girls dormitory, I walk inside and look for my room number. Number 267... ah here it is, I say in my head. I put the keys in the lock and open it.

I look inside and see two twin size bed, two desks, one small TV, two closets, two dressers, and a window with a couch underneath. I smile and toss my bags on the bed beside the window. I take a deep breath smiling, "man this is awesome! Best yet I don't have a roommate!" I thought happily.

I fall on the bed close to the door and grunt at the impact. The mattress was a little more firm than I'm used to, but it didn't damper my mood. After a couple of minutes in silence, I decide to unpack, so I heave myself up and start on the suitcase.

I unzip the bag and pull out a couple of my shirts. I walk over to closet and hang them up (thankfully the school provided the bare necessities to get us started, including clothes hangers). I walk back and repeat the process until my jeans are all hung up. Next was my jackets and sweaters, which didn't take long. I only packed one sweater and two hoodies. Lastly I put my few pairs of shortcuts in the bottom drawer of my dresser. Now it was time for my undergarments, grabbing my underwear, I put it in the middle drawer of the dresser. I do my bras and socks too.