Chapter 3

~Evan's pov~

I slept peacefully until I saw flashes. I kept my eyes closed and saw another flash. I jerked up and looked around my room for the source and saw nothing. Everything is quiet.

I look at Sydney's side of the bed and saw she wasn't there. I frowned and walked to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass from the cupboard and filling it with cold water from the faucet. I dumped whatever I didn't drink down the drain and placed the cup with the other dirty dishes. Turning the light off and walking down the hallway back to my room, I feel like someone is watching me. I look behind me and walk a little faster until I reach my door.

I closed the door behind me and laid back down on my bed. I got comfortable and began falling asleep when I heard a voice.

"You're so beautiful Evan." The voice was smooth and husky.

Startled I sat up and looked around. No one. I went to my window and looked out of it. When I did there was another flash and I fell backward. Breathing heavily I quickly got up and shut the blinds then the curtains, making it impossible to look inside. I backed up until I ran into what felt like a body.

I jumped and spun around and saw it was the wall. With my heart hammering against my chest, I made my way around the house and locked windows and doors. I stopped at the door that leads outside and saw something in my backyard. My breathing started coming out in short breaths as I made out a human figure.

I opened the door and stepped out and cautiously made my way towards it.

"Who's th-there?" I called to it. It didn't move. "You n-need to l-leave." I could feel my heart ready to burst out of my chest as I was so close to it.

"Evan? What are you doing?" I screamed and jumped when Sydney called out for me. I looked her and looked back and saw leaves that have overgrown onto the fence. "Come inside."

I nodded my head and turned around and walked to the sliding door. Turning around one more time, I saw it. A blue jacket amongst the black shadows. My eyes grew wide as I stepped inside and closed the door quickly locking it. I stepped back and turned to run back to my room and froze.

There on the ground, it laid. The blue jacket.

My breathing came out short and ragged as I stared at it. How did it get there? I turned around and saw that there was no longer anything in the yard. I sighed in relief then turned my attention back to the jacket.

I carefully picked it up and stared at it. A note fell to the floor. To say I was scared to look at it is an understatement. I'm terrified. I picked up the note and inspected it. I unfolded it with shaky hands and read what it said.

'Don't be afraid because I will not hurt you. You're the most beautiful being on the planet. It'd be a miracle if you ever felt the same.

You're so beautiful that it makes my chest tight and my heart to skip a beat. Good night, Evan.'

I didn't know what to think about the note.

I took the items and went to my game setup. Putting them in the closet with everything else, besides the bear, I made my way back to my room. My mouth dropped when I saw Sydney packing a bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"I'm staying at a friend's." She said as if it was obvious. I raised an eyebrow in her direction.

"Which friend?" She scoffed at me.

"None of your business." She picked up her bag and walked to the door opening it.

"Sydney, we're getting married. I deserve to know in case I need to get ahold of you." She rolled her eyes again.

"Whatever Evan. I'll be home in two days." I went to say something but she walked out and slammed the door shut. I gave a sigh of defeat and made my way back to my room.

Two days? What happened to us? We used to be the power couple.

I flopped onto the center of the bed and grabbed the little blue bear. Holding it tightly to my chest and inhaling its intoxicating scent. I nuzzled my face into its head and drifted off to sleep.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_

I awoke with a pounding in my head. I groaned and carefully sat up and held my head in my hands. I looked over at my alarm clock and saw it read 11:36. I tossed the covers off of me and carefully sat up.

I walked out to the bathroom and grabbed some aspirin for my headache and walked to the kitchen. I began looking for something to eat and settled on eggs and bacon.

I plated my food once it was done and sat down at the dining room table. I stared out into the back yard. I swear I saw it. He was right there. I saw him.

I stood up and left my things on the table and quickly walked to my setup. I flung open the closet door and stared at it. The same one that I saw on whoever was in my yard last night. I know I'm not crazy. There are letters, doors and windows being left open, there's a bear!

I looked up into the mirror that hung on the door and almost fainted from what I saw. It couldn't be.

It's the guy from the restaurant.

I dropped the jacket and kept eye contact with him in the mirror. I didn't want to turn around but I couldn't just stand here. I quickly turned and couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was gone.

I bolted out of the room and ran down the hallway. I caught a glimpse of him before he turned the corner letting me know I'm going in the right way. But when I reached the living room, he was gone.

Vanished.

Into thin air.

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair and tried to calm my breathing from running.

Why was he here? How did he know where I lived? Is he my stalker?

I froze at the last question.

He is. And I'm going to find out why.

--------------------------
Lmao, I'm tired :^)

Sorry if that wasn't as good as I usually do.

~Nat