Chapter 10

~Evan's pov~

"Dear Evan," I began reading the letter he wrote for me. He looked so hurt when I saw him. What was I thinking? Was I really going to do that with Sydney? She cheated on me. "By the time you read this, I'll be gone. Not forever, but for awhile. After you read this, I won't be able to face you. This letter is about how I feel. About you. Truth be told, I love you. Now I know I sound a little crazy, but hear me out."

I took a breath and prepared myself before I started reading again.

"I've been with you since the beginning of your YouTube career. You made me happy. You distracted me from all of the bad going on in my life. I fell in love with the way you laugh. Man, your laugh... it was so carefree. I wanted to be able to make you laugh that way. I wanted to be able to hear your carefree laugh all the time. I fell in love with how you treat your fans. You're so thankful for them." I glace at him from where I was sitting and see him fidgeting uncomfortably.

"Why are you moving so much?" I questioned. His head snapped up and he met my eyes.

"I've been scared before. But what I'm feeling right now, is terror. I'm terrified thinking of what you're going to say to me." He answered honestly.

I didn't say anything to him. I just stared back at him and processed his words. I never thought I'd have this kind of effect on someone. This amount of power.

"I don't want to read the letter," pain flashed across his face, "I want you to tell me how you feel." The panic and terror came back to his face.

"Why?" He whispered.

"I want to know if you mean it." I answered simply. He took a shaky breath and looked away from me. His hands fidgeted as he took more shaky breaths.

"I wanted to get to know you. How you act when your not recording. In all honesty, I never thought it'd end up like this. I was hoping I'd get to know you the normal way. Like at a park or something. I never expected myself to break into your house and sneak around. This isn't who I am, but it's who I turned out to be. I wanted to protect you from Sydney. I knew she was cheating on you, but I knew you'd never believe me. You had to find out on your own. I didn't want you to be upset when you found out, so I invited your friends. They really care about you. I envy how close they are to you because I want to be like them. Close to you. Someone you care about." He paused and ran his hand through his hair. "I know you think I'm crazy. I can see it on your face. I don't blame you. I broke in, I took secret pictures of you, I left you gifts and notes." His blue jacket flashed in my mind when he said gifts. "I need to go. I've done enough damage. I'll leave you alone from now on." He stood up and walked out.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. It felt like my throat was being constricted and denying me my ability to talk.

What was I supposed to do? To say? How was I supposed to react?

He's broken into my home on many occasions. He's witnessed a lot. If I killed someone, he'd of seen it.

'Really? You're trying to joke at a time like this?' I laughed at my stupidity and stood. I went to my door and opened it. I glanced around for him, but he was nowhere in sight. Sighing, I shut the door.

How could someone I barely know fall in love with me? How does he know what he feels is love?

My mind raced the entire day. I tried to do a recording session with some of the guys to ease my worries, but it didn't last long. I found myself thinking back to the man that sat in my living room a few hours prior. What would happen to him?

I found myself wishing the best for him. I found myself wishing for him as I sat in my empty, quiet house. So quiet that I could hear the hum of the refrigerator. So quiet that I could hear the clock on the wall with each tick it made.

Tic-tic-tic-creeeak

I frantically looked around for the source of the sound. The sound of someone stepping on an old floorboard.

I heard nothing. It was quiet once again. Just me alone in my empty, quiet house.

------------------------------
Sorry it's short

~Nat