OPNM 2

A/N: This is an edited chapter.

All Luhan wants to do is to confess to the person he likes for 3 years. But why did it reach to this point? He’s not even expecting Jongin to return his feelings because he knows that he is undesirable (the reason he didn’t receive any gifts or admirers in his four years in this school). Then this happened, oh, fate has its own way to mess his final year in school.

“W-wait! Are you serious? You are always rejecting those who confess to you right? Why are you even sparing a glance at me and calling me y-your w-wife? I know I’m ugly so you can stop playing with me.” Okay, so much for trying not to stutter.

Sehun’s smile vanished at what Luhan said. Oh gosh, Luhan thinks it is time to run away now because the man in front of him looks like he is about to murder someone, probably Luhan. He should really bring an adhesive tape next time because his mouth always finds a way to embarrass himself.  Luhan’s about to run away but Sehun tightened his grip on his hips.

“Who the fuck told you that? Tell me their names,” says Sehun seething.
“W-what?” Luhan knows that it is not a brilliant idea to piss Oh Sehun off but he doesn’t understand why he suddenly ask for names. Names of whom?

“Tell me the names of those piece of shits who called you ugly. I’m going to make sure that they will be expelled and blacklist them to any company they plan to work with.”

Luhan’s eyes almost popped out. Wait, did he heard it right? How much power does Oh Sehun holds to be able to do that? Luhan wants to think that Sehun is not serious but the latter’s face says otherwise.

“N-no one! I’m the only one who thought that,” says Luhan in a high pitch tone. Sehun narrows his eyes at him, scrutinizing him if he is indeed telling the truth.

“Okay, I believe you, wife. But the moment I knew that someone’s tormenting you, they will have a piece of me.” Luhan’s eyes widened. Why is Sehun acting like he cares for Luhan? The doe eyed froze when Sehun caressed his face. Heat seems to accumulate on his cheeks and he can’t even breath properly now because of the close proximity. He can’t help but to gravitate his eyes to the deep abyss that is staring right through his soul.

“You are beautiful inside and out, wife. If you can only see what I am seeing right now.”
Luhan is now confused on what he feels now. His heart is beating rapidly and strongly against his left chest. This is more intense than what he usually felt when he is nervous or when he saw Jongin. Does it have something to do on what he ate earlier? Or does he have a heart failure? But they visited their family doctor last month and his heart is healthy. He pushed Sehun in attempt to lessen the speed of his heartbeat. Luhan concluded that Sehun is the reason of it when his heart calmed a bit.

He didn't notice the pain and disappointment marring the usual straight face of Sehun.

“I-I still have something to do,” says Luhan in a shrill voice. He’s about to escape when Sehun held his hand.

“We have a practice game later at 4 in the afternoon. Can you attend?” Sehun said in a hopeful voice. Luhan already admitted that Sehun’s really handsome but the way he acts now, he looks so adorable and cute. Luhan’s surprised that Sehun has a side like this. As what he heard or even witnessed, Sehun never smiles or even smirks. He always carries the air of indifference so it is completely new for Luhan to witness it all. And Luhan is a complete sucker to anything or anyone cute so without thinking he nodded at Sehun.
Before he can attempt to run again, Sehun pulled him closer to kiss his forehead then nuzzled his hair. They stayed in that position for who knows how long. He only snaps when there’s someone shouted. Blessed his short legs that can still run as fast as he can. He bolted away when he saw that there are so many students who saw them in that embarrassing position. Maybe he should try to rejoin their school's soccer team because he can still run that fast or it is a better idea to just jump off the highest building in their school. He doesn’t have a dignity to face everyone now.

---
Luhan spent his time avoiding Oh Sehun for the whole day. Even his blockmates already knew the mess he stumbled. Everyone is talking about him and Sehun now. How he wish he can go back to his mundane life. He doesn’t like it when everyone seems to be prying his private life. He is thankful that Baekhyun and Jongdae is there to protect him though Jongdae at first also infuriates him by teasing him as if there’s no tomorrow.

But his two friends are not always with him because they differ in some subjects. Luhan can’t believe that it even reach to the point that he hide in janitor’s closet. It is even harder to hide because not only Sehun’s fan girls are looking for him but Sehun as well. He can’t seem to understand how come Sehun can find him easily. He is either a wolf that can sniff his smell or maybe he planted a track device on him (which he doubt that either of the two is true).

He opened his locker while still remaining vigilant on his surroundings. He is still indecisive whether to attend Sehun’s practice game or not. If he will attend, Sehun’s fan girls will surely kill him but the advantage of that, he can also watch Jongin playing. He can’t help but to feel guilty, especially now that he remembered Sehun’s hopeful face when he asked him. He’s blaming his stupidity for not checking the person in front of him first before confessing! Even in the letter he wrote, Luhan didn’t indicated Jongin’s name so Sehun can still assume that it’s for him. It doesn’t help that both of them are basketball player and part of dance club.
After half an hour of thinking, Luhan decided to attend the practice game. He needs to tell Sehun the truth. His conscience is not letting him rest. He can’t avoid him forever and he’s not that heartless to make Sehun look stupid. He looks like a nice guy despite of his cold exterior. He went to vendo machine first to buy a drink for Sehun as a compensation.

‘Oh gosh, this is not enough as a compensation of the damage I’ve done,’ moaned Luhan internally. He is tempted to choke himself to death to escape the embarrassment and damage he have done to Sehun.

“You look like you were about to jump in a building or a cliff, Lulu.”

“That’s what I’ve been planning, Dae. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Luhan whines, he looks like he is about to cry at any moment.

“You can do that but Sehun will surely follow you even to the depths of hell.”

“W-what?”

“Though I doubt if you will go to hell, heaven probably? But then, Sehun will not be allowed there.”

Luhan realized that his friend is going crazy. Maybe that is the result of long time pining to Kim Minseok, Jongdae’s crush who’s an engineering student.

“You are talking nonsense, Dae. Where is Baek?”

“Where do you expect him to be? Of course he is prepping himself as usual. He told me that we can go first to the court.”
Jongdae pulled him to the direction of the basketball court. He clutched tightly on the gatorade he bought for Sehun. He unconsciously pouted while thinking of possible words he will utter when he sees Sehun. He really can’t trust his mouth anymore because the moment he got nervous, he’s just rambling nonsense.
‘What shall I say?’ Luhan wants to cry now. He will try to convince his parents to let him transfer to other school. If he still can’t tell it to Sehun, maybe he will just resort to that. He didn’t even realized that Jongdae let go of his hand and that, they are already in the court.

“You came” That’s what he heard before a warm embrace encased his small frame. He recognized it was Sehun based on the musky scent he smelled earlier in the morning. He is tempted to close his eyes and just sniff on Sehun’s neck. Wait, he sounds like a pervert! He shouldn’t think about this. He should focus on what he will say to Sehun later.

“I missed you.” Luhan’s eyes almost popped out of its socket. He can feel the blood rushing to his cheeks. Sehun is making it hard for Luhan. The former let him go of the hug but his arms still remains on Luhan’s hips while displaying his pearly white teeth.
Now, Luhan can’t think rationally anymore because of what Sehun did. He really looks good when he smiles like that.

“You look so adorable my wife,” says Sehun while caressing Luhan’s red cheeks. Sehun only noticed what Luhan’s been clutching when the cold container touched the former.

“I guess this is for me then? What a thoughtful wife you are. You will be a good wife when we get married.”

How can Luhan tell Sehun about the truth when he’s like this? Where is the indifferent Sehun when Luhan needs him? He badly wants the ground to swallow him because he looks like red tomato now, for sure.

“Oh Sehun, back to the game!” Coach Yifan shouted at Sehun. Luhan can kiss Coach Yifan now for saving him from further embarrassment.

“Thank you for this, wife. Wait for me after the game, hmm?” Just when Luhan thought he can finally breathe, Sehun pulled him again and planted a kiss on the corner of his lips. It was only a brief contact but Luhan feels as if his soul was stolen from him. He is not even aware of the loud chatterings of the people around them and the loud cries of Sehun’s admirers. The kiss only lasted for about 5 seconds but it still left a warm and electrifying feeling that surge through his heart and soul.

“A wife can give his husband a good luck kiss before a game right?”

All Luhan can do is to blink at Sehun’s smiling face. He thinks that the heat in his cheeks will not dissipate anytime soon. Even when the newly arrived Baekhyun pulled him to the bleachers, he still stayed frozen. Luhan realized that he really can’t escape the mess he made anymore. Not when Sehun is treating him like that.

With slumped shoulders, Luhan lets his body meets his beloved bed. He is so dead tired. He closes his eyes to let himself rest for a bit. He didn’t wait for Sehun when the practice game ended. Well, running away became a trend for Luhan since the plan-gone-wrong happened. He don’t know what to do anymore. He is so tired thinking. His friends are not helping him because they kept on suggesting to just go with the flow. Just when he was about to drift away, he felt someone sits on his bed. He frowns because there is one thing that he hates the most. And it is someone who touches his bed. Despite his soft nature, Luhan is quite territorial especially to his things such as his bed.

"Get off my bed, noona." He said in a hoarse voice. Only his elder sister has the guts to infuriate him (also Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae). She finds it entertaining when Luhan is pissed (which rarely happened because Luhan’s really patient person).

"Noo--" Luhan felt like he was slapped 360 degrees when he saw the person sitting beside him. He immediately sits straight, his mouth gaping and eyes wide. He was far from sleepy right now.

"W-what are you doing h-here? Wait, h-how did you even get in my room? I mean, my parents and sister will not let a stranger in and most especially in my room. Not that you are a stranger to me because I knew you. And how did you locate my address? Did any of my friends told you? Those traitors, seriously, I will give them piece of my mind tomorrow." Luhan nervously rambles.

"You've been avoiding me, wife." Sehun said in a monotone with underlying disappointment. Of all the possible replies that Luhan thought, this one is not what he expected. Luhan felt the tremendous guilt that’s gnawing on his chest. This is the first time Sehun used that tone to him.

"N-no, I’m n-not avoiding you.” Luhan can only hope that Sehun will believe him. He held tightly at his bedsheet. He can’t help but noticed that Sehun looks so handsome especially when he smirks but the smirk he has right now has an underlying motive.

All of a sudden he was pressed against the mattress. He can feel the warm breathe on his face. That's when he realized that the Ice Prince has pinned him, his two hands was held by just one hand and Sehun's another hand is on Luhan's waist. The doe was pretty stunned at Sehun's fast movement. What is happening?

"You are my wife now, Lu." The Ice Prince tilts his head, his lips an inch closer to Luhan's. "You admitted it yourself. Wherever you hide, I will still find you wife."
Sehun’s dark orbs are too much for him to take. As if he is scrutinizing Luhan’s very essence, his core, even his flaws.

"I am always watching you." Sehun hooked his index finger under his beloved's chin, making him stare at the shining doe eyes. "Always" Luhan froze when he felt a warm, soft lips against his. But why does it tastes weird?

"Wake up baby sister! It's dinner time."

Luhan opens his eyes and finds himself on the floor. He groans because his back hurts so much. So it was just a dream. No wonder Sehun acts so out of character. Luhan doubts that Sehun can do that to him. He ruffles his hair. He should be thankful that it was just a dream but he can’t seem to understand why there is a tinge of disappointment formed on his chest.

"What are you doing there?" His elder sister Jimin, looks at him weirdly.

"Go away noona." Luhan throws his pillow at his elder sister but the latter just closed the door and laughed on the top of her lungs.

"It should be noona, baby sister." Jimin sings, making Luhan groan because she’s teasing him again.
His elder sister keeps on referring him as her baby sister since they were children, simply because he looks like a girl (and Luhan refuses to admit that he looks feminine). Also, Jimin wants to have a sister instead of brother. They even dresses Luhan up as a girl together with their mother. Those moments that he wanted to forget. He stands up and gets his pillow (that he threw to his sister) and puts it back to his bed. He touches his lips for the last time before he left his room to have a dinner.

Little did he know that the subject of his dream is currently outside of his house, seated in his car, staring at the pretty doe on his window.

---

Luhan reaches for his phone when it vibrates. There are only few who knows his number. It could be his family, Baekhyun or Jongdae that texted him. Luhan frowns when he saw an unregistered number. If he knew that one of his friends gave his number again to those perverted people, he will find new set of friends. There was a time that Jongdae gave his number to a guy he met in a club. That guy kept on pestering him to meet up and even texting lewd messages. Until now, it still gives creep to Luhan. 

From: Unknown

Hey

Luhan didn't bother to reply. If this is one of ‘those’ people, he thinks he needs to change his number again. Though aside from ‘those’ who keeps on pestering him, there is also a number that consistently texting him, not to meet up but that one is messaging him encouraging words especially when he’s having a bad day. He admits that he kinda missed reading those messages. That person didn’t message him again because Luhan changed his number. After a minute, his phone vibrates again.

From: Unknown

Why aren't you replying wife?

It takes another minute for Luhan to process what he just read. 'It's not Oh Sehun right?' Luhan giggles because he is definitely dreaming again. How in the world Sehun will know his number? He slaps his cheek and he shrieks because it hurts. He is not dreaming! His classmates look at him like he's gone insane. Maybe he will really go insane. Oh Sehun is driving him crazy, literally. With trembling hands, he sends a reply.

To: Unknown

Who is this? I am not Xi Luhan. Stop texting me.

Well, let’s hope that Sehun will believe him. He is not yet ready to face him again. He still can’t get over of what he dreamed last night and he’s gathering all of the courage he has to finally tell Sehun the truth. Sehun sending him a message is definitely not helping.

From: Unknown

Oh, you already forget about me? How cruel you are wife.  I am your husband. Yeah sure. You are not Xi Luhan because you are Oh Luhan. We will get married right after we graduate right?

Luhan slapped his forehead when he realized what he just did. He indirectly revealed himself to Sehun. How far Luhan’s stupidity will reach?

"What the hell was that my dear Lulu?!" Baekhyun's obnoxious voice reverberates on the room. Luhan immediately hides his phone. He covers his face because Baekhyun will surely pinch his cheeks and maybe tickle him for leaving them yesterday without saying goodbye.

Baekhyun shakes his friend. “Why did you run away again yesterday? You didn’t witness Chanyeol’s surprise to me!”

“What? What surprise?”

Baekhyun’s about to tell Luhan when the newly arrived Jongdae beat him to it. “Chanyeol surprised him yesterday after the practice game and asked him to be his boyfriend. The end.”

“Did you just stole my spotlight?”

“Did you stole my spotlight?” Jongdae repeated what Baekhyun said in a mocking voice.

“You, son of a grrr, is that the effect of Minseok rejecting you?!”

“He didn’t reject me. He just wanted to focus in studying now.”

“Really? That’s why I saw him yesterday with a guy in a coffee shop nearby.”

“Shut up, that’s his cousin!”

“Shut up, you two, president has an announcement.” Park Sooyoung, their classmate interrupted them. Luhan gave Sooyoung a thankful smile for stopping his two friends from beating each other.

“Prof. Song has an important matters to do so we have a free time this morning. She just uploaded an assignment to be submitted next week. So you can do whatever you want for now.”

“Hey, we can watch the basketball team’s game!” Another classmate of Luhan shouted after the announcement.

“They have a game?” Luhan asked to himself. He is not monitoring Jongin’s schedule anymore since the mess he did.

“Yes, dear Lulu, so we should go now to watch your husband and my boyfriend to play.”
Luhan panicked. As much as he wants to watch Jongin to play, he can’t freaking face Sehun again! Not after what he dreamed yesterday. Baekhyun meanwhile noticed the tiny blush spreading on Luhan’s cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows. His bestfriend looks so adorable right now. He mentally pats himself for doing such a good job. He smirks knowingly.

“I-I can’t attend. I need to go to library to finish the assignment Prof. Song gave.”

“Which is due next week, my dear. So whether you like it or not, you are going with me.” Luhan’s about to argue again when baritone voice interrupted them.

"Can I excuse Xi Luhan for a moment?"
Luhan can only blink at Wu Yifan also known as Kris, the basketball team’s handsome coach and Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s boyfriend.

“W-what do you need? Is that important? I’m a little bit busy for a moment, sorry.” Luhan avoided their gaze.

“No! He’s not busy!” Baekhyun suddenly exclaims that made Luhan’s head whipped to him.

“Sehun’s looking for him right? You can get him now,” added Jongdae.

Are they really his friends? Can’t they understand Luhan’s need to avoid Sehun? He dreamed of him last night. He is afraid that Sehun’s invading his system.

“Sehun will not play unless he sees you Mr. Xi. We will lose if he will not join,” says Coach Kris. Sehun is the most valuable player of the team and without him, they will definitely lose.
"This is important. Just come with us Luhan. And you also baby. I need an inspiration." Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun.

Luhan sighed resignedly at their desperate expressions. “Fine” His friends and Chanyeol whoop in happiness.

“Thank you so much, Mr. Xi. Only you can tame Sehun. He’s been refusing to practice yesterday and now he wouldn’t join the game. He just keep on fiddling his phone.”
Luhan can’t help but to feel guilty again. He admits that he keeps on ignoring him but it is not a big deal right? Sehun doesn’t know him before that confession-gone-wrong so why wouldn’t he play because of him?

“B-but why me?” He suddenly asked, not to them but to himself. He failed to see his friends smirking. As if they know something that Luhan doesn’t know. Even Chanyeol is shaking his head while smiling. Of all the people that admires his friend, he fell for an oblivious person.

"Too bad, his princess is too oblivious to notice his presence." Baekhyun said nonchalant.

"Yeah right. His princess is too dense. And the poor prince is definitely smitten."

"What are you two talking about?” ‘Is this the effect when you just got together?’ Luhan asked to himself while looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who are talking in riddles.

"Poor Sehun."

"What happened to Sehun?" The couple didn't answer him and pull him to the court. He bites his lips in nervousness. His eyes automatically scanning the crowd. He immediately saw Jongin, who’s now talking to their coach. His eyes stayed at Jongin for a minute before he felt the prickling sensation, indicating that someone’s staring at him.
He whipped his head to find the source and his eyes stumbled to Sehun who’s staring at him with unreadable expression. Did Sehun saw him staring at Jongin? The pretty doe shivered due to the Ice Prince's intense gaze. If looks can kill, Luhan will probably dead now. Now he understands that Sehun is indeed the type of person that you shouldn’t play with. Maybe, he got used to Sehun staring at him in amusement or softly. Luhan doesn’t like this Sehun. Their staring contest broke when Baekhyun and Jongdae suddenly pulled him. When Luhan realized that they’re pushing him to Sehun, he resisted. Sehun seems angry to him.

"Oh come on Lu. Kiss your husband for luck," teases Baekhyun. Goodness, Luhan definitely needs new bunch of friends.

“Kiss!” Jongdae shouted

‘I hate you both.’ He mouthed to them.
‘No, you love us.’ The two even chorused while smiling innocently, as if they didn’t offered him like a lamb for a slaughter.

"KISS!" Everyone chanted, even Jongin. Luhan’s quite ambitious, too ambitious that he expected Jongin to get jealous, even a bit. He lowers his gaze, adoring blush dusted his cheeks due to embarrassment. He refuses to look at Sehun who is in front of him.

His eyes widen when Sehun suddenly lifted his chin and for the second time around, the latter leans to kiss him again at the corner of his lips. His breath hitched when Sehun whispered against his lips.
“I will kiss you properly when we are alone. It’s your first kiss so it should be special.” Luhan can only blink at him. He doesn’t know what to say because earlier Sehun’s glaring at him and now he kissed him. Luhan looks like he’s having a fever judging by the state of his flaming face.

“Thank you for coming, wife.” Sehun continued, his eyes mapping Luhan’s adorable features. Everyone are screaming but for an odd reason Luhan can’t hear it because the only thing he can hear now is the loud pounding of his heart.

Luhan thought Sehun will finally go to the court which he looks forward because finally, he can breathe properly. But the guy did otherwise and instead wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist and pulled him closer for a hug.

"I need an inspiration earlier that’s why I texted you. And now you are here, I will win this for you wife."

The screams and shouts filled the area but that isn't half the noise his heart is currently making. Sehun released him and ran back to the court. Luhan thinks he needs to go to the doctor soon. His heart is abnormally palpitating everytime Sehun is near.

The game seems to be blur to him. All he can remember is Sehun’s touch and warm breath against him. He should be focusing to Jongin's smile, his swift move while dribbling the ball, right? He is his crush so why is his mind drifting to the captain? He tried to bring back his attention to the game, especially to Jongin. Jongin scored a three point shot! Luhan claps his hand frantically.

"Sehun's been staring at you in the entire game while you are watching Jongin. Stop being obvious." Baekhyun said irritatedly. Luhan looks at him confuse. What did he do? It is very seldom for Baekhyun to get irritated of him. And he’s not staring at Jongin entirely, maybe he indeed stares but his mind keeps on drifting on Sehun.

"Are you angry?" But Baekhyun remained silent.

"No, you're just too dense."

Dense of what? Luhan turns his attention back to the game. He was stunned when he saw Sehun staring at him. Why is Sehun staring at him? Don’t tell him he’s watching him entirely? That’s impossible right? He coughs loudly in attempt to counteract the threatening blush on his face. But he was even more surprised when Sehun winks at him then throws a flying kiss to his direction. He involuntarily placed his right hand to his left chest. The bile in his stomach is threatening to rise.

"This is the first time I've seen him act like that. Usually he is not this energetic. I think I'm falling harder with him!" The girl behind him shrieked. Luhan is not the type of person who gets angry over trivial things but now, he can’t help but to frown at what he heard.

"Stop dreaming girl. Sehun's like that because of his wife, Xi Luhan. You didn't saw how sweet they are."

'Right! I am his wife. You don't have the right to fantasize my husband.' Luhan thought, he even turned his head to look at the girl. He puts his hand on his mouth when he realize what he just thought.
'Oh my! What am I thinking?!' He slaps his face and head to remove the ill thought on his head.

"Hey, why are you hurting yourself?" Luhan’s too preoccupied that he didn’t realized that the game is finished. Another thing he didn’t noticed was his friends abandoning him again to Sehun. Someone touched his face that snapped him back to reality.

"Are you not feeling well? Did you ate your breakfast? You did know that you are not allowed to skip a meal. Let's go to the cafeteria. I don't want my wife to get sick."
Sehun engulfs his lithe body as he guides him. Luhan can't stop himself from sniffing Sehun. 'He smells so good even he is bathed with sweat.'

"Congrats Sehun. You're so amazing there,” murmurs Luhan.

"I told you, I will win it for you." He's staring intently at Luhan as if he wants to say something.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asks softly. Luhan avoided his gaze. 'Should I say it now?' He inhales deeply then holds Sehun's both hands. He hopes he will not produce another mess.

"I-I don’t know where to start. I mean this is really unexpected and completely new to me. I am used to the silent and mundane routine of my life. And in just a snap, everything changes. Not that I don’t like this set up. I am actually learning to love it. It’s just that, everytime you are near, I can’t think properly. Like now, I am rambling and doesn’t know what to say next. Oh gosh, did I just say that aloud?”
Sehun chuckles, okay, he definitely heard it. Luhan is so embarrassing.

“What I meant was, I really wanted you to be my friend." Luhan blurted out after beating himself in his mind.
‘Oh, finally, I said it--wait, what did I say? Oh my god, I was supposed to tell him my mistakes and I told him that?’ Luhan is in the verge of wailing at the top of his lungs. He hides his flaming face behind his hands.

He didn’t saw Sehun looking at him in a mix of fondness and amusement. "That hurts, from being a husband, you want me to be your friend? My wife just friend-zoned me."

"It's not what you think! I told you that everytime you are near, my mouth just kept on rambling because I can’t think straight. This is your fault" Luhan is really shameless. He even blames Sehun for his stupidity.

“I am not convinced.” Sehun says while smirking. He held his breath when the handsome man suddenly pulled him by his waist.

“Do you really can’t think straight when I am this close, hmm?” Oh Sehun should be forbidden. He can practically smell Sehun's peppermint breath and his musky scent. Just like in his dream. Why is Sehun acting like this? Is this God’s way in punishing Luhan for the mistaken identity?
Sehun's looking at his lips now in an intense gaze. Oh no, this is a danger zone already. Luhan’s mind kept on nudging him to run but all he did was to tremble under Sehun’s predatory gaze. His breathe hitched when Sehun leans an inch closer to his pink lips. He involuntarily closes his eyes, anticipating for his first kiss.

"LITTLE SISTER!"

Oh, no! Will this day go even worse?