I

Six months later...

It was a long, hard recovery. Lorraine never found out who put her in that coffin, but she knew why. The so-called person, according to Chiron, had tried to get rid of Lorraine, (duh), but there must have been something about Lorraine that caused them to take such desperate measures. Lorraine had the typical Iris kid powers—but they had no idea if there was another power, something else she had not yet discovered about herself. It made sense– why would someone want to takeout a simple 15-year-old nobody? Lorraine didn't know, and neither did Chiron. That, of course, terrified her.

After regaining her memory in a short term of two months (thanks to Hera) [sarcasm], she seemed set out for a good life.
But that wasn't true.
The memory of the coffin still haunted her sleep, and the same feeling of the air closing in weighed on her chest when she thought about it. Sometimes she'd awake, sweat pouring down her face and back, breathing heavily. She'd feel as if she were suffocating. Nightmares were something usually present in a demigod's life, along with with constant feeling of being watched or being close to death.
Or that was just Lorraine.
Although Lorraine's nightmares weren't as severe as they were before, they still brought a sensation of fear.
Little did Lorraine know, the feat she felt would only grow bigger when something— somebody else arose from the shadows. Somebody seeking vengeance.

☓☓☓

Ever since that fateful day, Lorraine has become good friends with the seven and Nico. Nico and her were especially friends, even though he wouldn't admit it. He was with Jason when they saw the coffin sticking out of the dirt. They pulled it out and stood it up, and that's when Lorraine woke up and fell out. She always thanked Hades and Jupiter for making extremely smart (and good looking) children.

Right now, she was in sword training class, trying to escape before she had to demonstrate her own technique. Lorraine wasn't particularly bad at fighting, she just didn't feel comfortable showing her "skills", especially infront of so many of her friends. Percy always told her she was good, but Clarisse's insults said otherwise.

"C'mon zombie!" She'd yell. "Stay alive and man up!" Or, "Hey, Dracula! You're boring me to death, I might need to use that coffin of yours!"

That, of course, provoked a punch in the face and led to a full out fist fight, and THAT led to them rolling into the lake, and that led to Lorraine almost drowning Clarisse.

"I'm just surprised you won," Percy had said, after Lorraine lost dessert privileges and Catch the Flag games. Not that Lorraine likes them. Clarisse had also lost those privileges, and she was not happy about it, but she steered clear. Luckily, Lorraine had only come out with a black eye, while Clarisse was almost knocked unconscious. And to her (watery!) grave.

"Next up, Lorraine!" The instructor said. Sighing, Lorraine stood up from her seat and shuffled to him. "Okay, show us your technique!" He smiled kindly.

"Um... I was thinking that you could do the dosarming maneuver..then-then.."

"Then what?" He encouraged patiently.

"You..kick them in the groin?" She said in a tiny voice. The class burst out laughing.

"Okay, Lorraine. I think you should come up with a new technique for next class. I doubt the minotaur or some other monster would let you kick them in the balls." He said, stifling a laugh.