Note

I sat down in a chair in the on call room. I took the note out of my pocket. Flipping it through my fingers I was trying to decide whether or not I was going to open it.
Of course me being me I did.
She was the one and I let her go. I should have told her I loved her more than the moon. She watched me go. But then ran after me. She told me not to go but I did. My wife that I was divorcing turned out to be pregnant. It's mine. I named him Daniel Henry Swan. Her son was named Henry her first love was named Daniel. I thought it suiting.
I look back on our story and think why didn't I just tell her? Sure she would have hated me but ark easy I wouldn't feel guilty now. I was doing my job. We ended up busting the captain thanks to her. If I could talk to her one more time to tell her I was sorry for everything I would. When my wife was about six months pregnant with our boy I saw her at a cafe. She talked to me. But I pretended I didn't know her. I got a car that looked just like her old friend. I wear my leather jacket everyday to remind myself not to do something like that to any one ever again. She may think I was leading her on. But I wasn't. I fell hard for her. She was my everything when j was nothing.
Saying her name out loud just reminds me that I lost her. When I try not to think of her that's when I think of her the most. I can't anymore. I need to move on because deep down I know I can never have her.
I cried half way through. But she has a child in not going to go between them.
I folded the note back up and made my way to the locker room. I had her jacket cleaned but there was still bullet holes in it. I grabbed the jacket out of the container and slipped the note back into the note it fell out of. I closed the door and took a deep breath.
Some one tapped me on the shoulder.
I turned to see Mulan.
"Hey. I know that look." She said gently. I recomposed myself.
"What are you talking about?" I snapped. She just smiled shyly.
"She's the reason you were gone. You fell for her." I looked at her confused. Before I could answer she turned and left. I was left dumbfounded. How did she know? I rarely talked to anyone about my love life.
I readjusted my lab coat and walked out with my head high. The door I came to was closed. I looked through the window to see her asleep. I smiled weakly before stopping a nurse.
"Will you drape this over a chair next to her bed?" She nodded and took the material from me. I watched as she walked in. Emma started when the door opened. She asked the nurse for the jacket who complied.
When the nurse left I was still watching. The woman in the other side looked up at me with tears running down her face. I wiped mine away and walked away down the hall and to the front desk to clock out.

I sat in my car for a moment before backing out and driving to my house. When I pulled up there was an orangish yellow car sitting on the curb.
I pulled up and parked in the drive. I walked into the house and took my coat off hanging it on the rack. A brunette sat at the table with her back to me. She was talking to Henry.
"Henry I didn't know we had company." He looked at me and smiled.
"Mom this is Belle. She's really nice." He winked at me. I smiled at him before walking up to the table.
"Hi Ms. Mills." Her accent was Australian. She had beautiful blue eyes but I could tell she wasn't gay.
"Hi Ms.?" She jumped in.
"French. Belle French." We shook hands. I sat down.
"Henry would you go clean your room?" I asked the teenage boy.
"Yes mom." He groaned before running up the stairs to his mess of a room. "How can I help you?" I asked sweetly.
"I'm a friend of Emma's." I looked at her confused.
"Emma who?" I asked. She chuckled slightly.
"You know who she is Ms. Mills.  I'm also a co worker. I'm here to retrieve something." I was actually confused now.
"Retrieve what?" She stood and walked to the kitchen. I followed. When I got in there she was reaching above the cabinets. When her hand came back down she was holding what looked like a robotic spider with a camera on top.
"What the hell is that?" She smiled slightly at me.
"A servalance  3.2. Emma used it. Well actually her boss did she just had to get it in side. Don't worry she didn't bring it in side as much as she did control it to come in." She explained.
"So she was spying on me?" I pointed to the thing with both hands.
"More or less.
It was turned off as soon as she got home. But last week it was turned on again for about ten minutes. She was watching you dance and cook." I tried not to laugh.
"Really?" I asked not convinced.
"Yes I was there when she watched. I saw the way she watched you. She in love with you. I should be going." With that she showed herself out. I leaned against the counter smiling.
I'll love her from a distance.