The Old Coot in the Library

"That's rubbish!" I whispered under my breath as I checked out a book for a boy called 'Camelot has Fallen' I mean seriously, Camelot was like waaaay back then. The boy smiled and walked away as I gave him the book that should be burned! Just like Twilight! It was seriously a loooong Saturday, I mean we usually don't get that many customers here. I turned the 'Open' sign to 'Closed' and went to the back and grabbed my satchel, "Hey Ell, I'm going!"
No reply.
That made me curious to check out his office. I peeked through the door to see Elliot, my manager, watching the store's videos caught by the video cameras.
"Ell?" I asked smiling softly while adjusting my bag.
"Yea?" Said the deep but young Irish voice.
"I'm going to go for the night, so see you later." I replied slowly closing the door.
"Kay." Was all he said.
I made my way to the door, and heard a crash that made the hair on my skin stand up. "Hello?" I slowly and hesitantly walked by some aisles and my breath was rugged. I came to the last aisle knowing someone was going to be in there. I took a deep breath and stepped at the end to see an old man in what looked like red robes. I felt embarrassed to be scared in front of an old guy.
"Can you tell me which is your favourite book?" He asked turning towards me with long white hair and a young yet chilling voice.
"Um I'm sorry, sir, but we're closed." I said leaning against the shelf.
"Would you like me to repeat myself?"
"No, sir."
"Then tell me," he edged closer, "what is your favourite book?"
"Arthur and the Round Table. Now can you leave, sir? I don't mean to be rude, but I need to get home."
"Good book, eh?" He flipped the book in his hands.
"Yes, sir would you like me to check it out, then you leave?" I expressed.
"Would you like to go to Camelot?" He looked towards me.
"Very much so." I was starting to relax myself with this old coot when he slammed the book on the ground and started chanting.
I stepped back as some portal started opening. I was in complete shock and screamed at him "WHAT THE HELL?!"
He looked back and smiled, but there was nothing more of a whisky white beard. There was only skin and he had black hair, and he extended his hand "Then join me."
I didn't know what to do, take his hand or leave it? It may be a dream after all. Have an adventure or be stuck in school and a bookstore looking at the glum sky?
I took it.
If it was a dream, then I'll wake up. If it was a trap, well it was a damn good one.