Chapter II

Yawning, I sit back,

entangled from my sisters feet and the blankets we slept with. We watched, "And while we were there." it was about two characters who traveled to Italy, a women who tried to escape from reality and a man who just loved her because, he thought it was right. She meets a teen who suddenly overtime starts to like and try to do anything for her happiness. It was honestly a good movie.

I here my sister moan, looking at her small yet peaceful face, she opens her eyes.

"Hey." she whispers.

"Hi." I slightly to say while smiling at her. I get up and walk towards the kitchen.

"Come on, sit." gesturing towards a seat next to the table. "I'm going to make my famous dish you love."

"Ooh, please tell me that you're making spinach with eggs?" she starts to grin.

"Yep! now shush and let the chef concentrate." Grabbing a pan and setting it on the stove, I go to the fridge finding the eggs and spinach. Starting to cook, my sisters starts to speak.

"No way....No way!! this....this is insane. I finally have a chance with him." Suddenly, she starts to scream and dance like a lunatic which- is the usual to me. Ha. It was absolutely great to see her this happy because I have never seen her this way. It was shocking, actually. Finishing up, I take two plates from the kitchen cabinet and place them on the table.

"Okay but, what are you so happy about?" asking patiently while piling the food on each plate.

"You have no idea."

"Well...obviously. That's why I'm asking you." laughing as I started to eat.

"My friend texted, saying that my crush is finally single and I think I have a chance with him." She says excitedly.

"What's the guys name?" wondering.

"Adam." judging by her excitement- her jumping around and screaming around the house- he must be the "every girls high schools crush who's popular and is the best soccer player on the team" you know, the guy that you wouldn't stand. I mean, I wouldn't.

"Hmm he isn't one of those- every girls high schools crush who's popular and is the best soccer player on the team- or is he?" laughing at myself because, I just repeated what I was thinking. 1 point for Zoë.

Hoping that it was a 'no' she answers, "definite no." that's good, at least.

-.- • -.- • -.- • -.-

It was 7:37 PM and here, I was in bed, on Instagram. Looking at all my, so called "friends" having fun without me. Not surprising though, it happens quite often. One time, we were all sitting during lunch and they were making plans without me. It's funny once you really think about it because, I'm always the fixer-upper who usually fixes every single mess or every problem they get into.

My guy friend, Daan, always tells me to just leave them be because, they're not good friends or they just bring me down. I sometimes agree but, I just can't let them go. They've been my friends since primary.

I met Daan two summers ago at a friends party. I was heading towards the kitchen trying to find my close friend, sophie. She's really that one friend who you can trust, you know? that type of friend that pretty much knows your personality, every single secret, and knows exactly how you feel. It's not like an 'average friend' you just sort of call them a 'friend' but, they truly do not know who you are, personally. I think that everyone has those type of 'average friends' and the 'special friend.' I guess you can say that, 'special friend' is really referring to, 'best friend.'

Trying to find her was like a needle in a haystack. Suddenly, a random guy ran into me and spilt all his drink all over my dress. And that's when I met, Daan. He's honestly a great guy, really. He has incredible deep blue eyes that kind of remind me of the ocean; blonde hair that's cut just right. At first, I was extremely angry for what he has done but, it sort of swept away as soon as I looked at his deeply reddened face. Him trying to sooth me with his apologize, while smiling sheepishly. It was adorable. Ever since, he's been the greats friend I've been needing.

After what seems like forever, I plug in my earphones and started to listen to instrumental music. It's my favorite because, it helps me concentrate on many thing like, watercoloring. It's just a hobby though as well as, sketching out people and just doodling. I'm also very musical. I play the piano and the viola. Ever since kindergarten, the viola has been my best friend.

-.- • -.- • -.- • -.-

"Hey Daan what's up?" I say while putting him on speaker.

"So there's this music festival coming up and I was wondering if you wanted to come ? It's going to be pretty cool" while dragging "cool" I was thinking.

"Who's going to be there ?"

"The best DJs in the world. Like, Axwell, Alesso, Armin Van Buuren....hmmm let's see what else. We've got Martin Garrix, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike oh shit don't forget Tiësto. I mean there's a lot more but, I can't name them all." He finally states

"I'll have to think about it. Remember I just recently got a job ? That one breakfast place? I don't really want to get fired just by missing out."

"Yeah yeah I understand. I'll find out the dates. One sec."

As I look at the clock I notice it's already 9 PM faintly hearing his fingers through the phone.

"Okay it's July 22, 23, and 24. So what do you say? You'll come?"

"It depends. Hopefully I'm able to go. So" taking a deep breath I finally state, "what type of music is it ?"

"Well I did say "one of the best DJs in the world" should I just send you a few songs you should listen to so you can get an idea what your going to?" I can already imagine him using his figures quoting "one of the best DJs in the world" ha.

"Okay  yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks. well anyways, I have to go bye!"

"Okay just give me a few minutes, bye zoë"

A few minutes he finally texts me a few songs.

Daan- here's a few (-:
Dimitri Vegas & like Mike - Stay A While
DJ Snake - middle
SRTW - we were young
Duskus - Wundatrip
Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - in the name of love

Me- thank you! I'll definitely give it a listen

So far, I'm on Wundatrip by Duskus till finally in the Name of love started to play. It sounds so familiar.