Ch. 8: The March and Mountain

Jade's P.O.V.

We've just started out towards the Imperial City, and on the way the soldiers were talking about becoming the China's Heroes and how they will be able to find their future wives. When night comes we would camp someplace near a water stream, and when morning comes we would take off again.

~Time-Skip~

We just arrived to a village up in the mountain not far from the Imperial City, and saw that it was destroyed and no survivors found. I went out to look around, and if possible help with any survivors they might find and need any assistance.

"Captain, you need come and look at this!" A soldier yelled out, and Shang walked as fast as he could to the location that the soldier was yelling from.

When I came up I found the army that was stationed there, and Chien-Po, Yao, and Ling brought Shang his father's helmet and sword. Shang then placed his father's sword in the ground and put his helmet on the handle.

"Find anything that we can use for travel, and we then will leave immediately!" Shang yelled out the command. "We're all that is left to help defend the Imperial City."

I saw Mulan staying behind to talk to Shang to comfort him from his father's death, and I to went up to him after Mulan left to help the troops.

"If you want to talk to about it, you know you could talk to me." I said standing next to him.

"Not at the moment, but I know you lied to me back there when you were talking about Pang." Shang said looking towards me, and I looked at him surprise, but I brushed it aside.

"Why I'm even surprised I will not know, but I had a feeling that you would ended up catching on." I said smiling. "But how did you find out?"

"Let's just say, I remembered that you said that you only had one sibling and that is a younger twin sister." Shang said and started glaring at me. "And thus, started to think why you are allowing your twin sister to fight in this war, when it could hinder your marriage to Zian."

"Even though it'll hinder the marriage, Zian will probably back me up saying that he told me to do it as an experiment and didn't thought it through." I said thoughtfully, but when I looked toward Shang I noticed him looking at Mulan in a way that I do with Zian. "Are you fallen in love with Pang or Mulan?"

"What?" Shang said surprise with my blunt question. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Well if you're fallen for Pang I wouldn't mind, but that'll make things difficult." I said teasing him and watching him going pale a little. "And if you're fallen for Mulan, I can tell you that she is definitely available and needs a husband."

I watched him going from pale to blushing, and he walked away without saying anything else. I ended up laughing on what the outcome will be like in the future, and know that Zian will probably laugh about it as well, but wouldn't mind having Shang as his brother-in-law in the future.

~Time-Skip~

After looking for items to help ease our travel, we are right now trying to keep quiet to incase of an ambush from the Huns. I was in the carriage that is ahead of Mulan's, for it was nothing but canons and firecrackers that is in the wagon. I even couldn't help, but remember that Mushu might accidently set one of them off and alert the Huns where we are.

BOOM!!!

'Yep, just as I thought Mushu ending up setting off a firecracker or canon.' I thought before getting out, just in case I have to start running as fast as I could from the Huns.

Nothing showed up yet, but that doesn't mean the Huns weren't alerted. Shang at the moment is yelling at Pang/Mulan for it, but Pang didn't know how to respond without making it known that it was Mushu, who set it off. An arrow hit Shang in the shoulder, and Shang yelled out to every soldier to head over to the cliff, to prepare for battle, and to protect me. When we came to the cliff we placed the canons underneath the boulder close to the end of the cliff, and Shang told a few soldiers to grab at least one cannon and aim it at the Hun army. When they released it all we could see is smoke, and Shang told them to hold the last canon. We then saw Shan Yu not far, but only far where we can see it is him. Shang then told Yao, who was holding the last cannon to aim it at Shan Yu, but Pang/Mulan seemed to have a plan for he took the cannon and started running to get closer to Shan Yu. Shang started to run after him, but Pang/Mulan already blasted it which hit the mountain and caused the avalanche and wiped out most of Shan Yu's army. I watched at Shan Yu slashed my sister, and watched as my sister started running and taken Shang's arm to run with her.