5. LET'S DANCE

let's dance: david bowie
~
Harry pulled up to the house and he then looked over at me.

"You ready?" I groaned, not wanting to move.

"I'm tired," I said, fake yawning.

"C'mon, you can't stay in my car all night," he laughs, reaching over and opening my door. I huff and get out of his car. He walks by my side and puts his hand on the bottom of my back. I convince myself that he is just helping me stand.

I trip on the carpet when I walk in, and we both laugh until we see Will sitting on a recliner in our living room.

"What the hell is this?! Where have you been?!" Will shouts but I'm not sure who he is talking to.

"Shut up, you're going to wake up mom and dad!" I whisper-shout.

"Why are you two together?" He asks, and I look at Harry.

"She called you to pick her up, and since you weren't answering she called me," Harry shrugs. Well, isn't he a good liar.

"You called me?" Will looks at his phone to see any missed calls.

"It was going straight to voicemail, I don't know..," I trailed off.

"Fucking cellphones. It's the 90s; we are at the peak of technology and our calls can't even go through?" He scoffs and shakes his head.

"It's not what you think it is, man, relax," Harry says and pats Will's shoulder.

"Whatever," he walks upstairs and Harry follows, turning around and pointing a gun at his head. I laugh and he smiles, turning back around. I sigh when they are both upstairs and head to my room.

Looking in the mirror, I cringe at how I ratty I look. I decide to change into some pajamas. I walk to the bathroom, which was adjacent to Harry's room, and wash my face and brush my hair.

As I walk out to go to my room, I bump into a shirtless Harry. Wow. He had tattoos on his chest and stomach, and two leaf tattoos on his hips. His tan skin looked so touchable. I noticed I was staring, and I look up at his face, which was smirking. He tilted his head.

"Take a picture, baby; it'll last longer." His warm skin brushes past mine and into the bathroom.

"Sorry, I-I didn't mean to stare," I stutter out. He faces me and leans back on the sink. I examine his tattoos, and then realize that I'm staring again. I shake my head. "I'm sorry-"

"You're a fool if you don't come over here," he interrupts. He tilts his head up, taking a deep breath. I slowly walk toward him and he takes me gently by my wrist, pulling me close to him. My face is about three feet from his, and I can feel his cool breath fan my face. This is real.

His face gets closer and closer, and I'm starting to think he is going to kiss me. Harry Styles is going to kiss me. In the last second, with my eyes closed and my lips apart, he kisses my jaw lightly instead of my lips.

"Goodnight, Hannah," he smiles with his eyes as they glisten.

"Goodnight."
~~~
The morning was calm and quiet. I woke up at 9:45, which would have been later if the sun didnt shine so brightly into my windows. I loved all of the big windows in my house, nevertheless. Everything was more open, and you always felt the sun on your skin.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen and see Harry and Will eating and making jokes, the usual. I couldn't help but feel awkward around Harry and Will. I kissed Harry last night and lied to Will about being with him. Why was he at that party, truly? I just feel like there are things that happened last night that aren't better left unsaid.

I take out some fruit from the fridge and also some avocados and start making avocado toast; my favorite food. Seriously, it's delicious.

I look at Harry, just to smile at him, but he doesn't look at me. He doesn't even acknowledge my presence; it's as if I never walked into the kitchen. I can't help but feel hurt.

Am I overreacting? We have no commitment to each other, but he seriously can't just act like nothing happened. I decide to play it cool, and make him feel the wrath of an angry young girl.

"Morning, Will," I say as I spread avocado on bread.

"Hey," he starts. "Sorry I was being a bit rude last night. Just brotherly instinct."

"Awe," I coo and walk over to him. "How sweet." I hug him and he pats my back. I look at Harry as he looks down at his hands. "It's weird how siblings are telepathic, almost, with their instincts."

"What do you mean?" Will furrows his eyebrows.

"Well, some boy who I barely even know kissed me yesterday. Totally weird, right?" I turn around and walk over to grab a glass to pour some water into.

"Who tried to kiss you?" He scooted his chair to face me.

"Doesn't matter," I shrugged, and smugly looked at Harry for the shortest second. His eyes were popping out of his head as he looked at a wall.

"Did you see him, Harry?" Will looks at him.

"Psh, I--no, it was--you know, I don't know," he shook his head and sighed, scratching his head.

"Yeah. Thankfully, I am seeing Paul tonight. He at least says 'hey' the day after he kisses me." I grab my plate and cup and sit next to Will. Harry is beyond uncomfortable.

"Ah, so Paul is your boyfriend, then," Will chuckles.

"No, Will." I grab my cup of water and look straight at Harry. "It's just not yet official," I say, taking a sip of my drink.

"I want to meet this nerd. Invite him over tonight for dinner," Will suggests.

"Maybe I will." I smile and nod. "Great idea. I'll call him right now." I run up to my room and grab my phone. I start to dial his number but I can't even remember it. I scramble around in my drawers for the piece of paper with his number on in but I am not having any luck and am just making a mess. I hear a knock on my door.

"The door is open, just come in-," I look up to see Harry standing there with his eyebrows raised.

"Paul?" He crosses his arms. "Really?"

"Why are you mad? All you did was kiss my cheek, not put a ring on my finger," I scoff. "I can't believe that after all these years--"

"I don't do romance," he interrupts and he surely stops me from talking. "You really believe that college made me a romantic?"

"So why did you only kiss me on the cheek last night and not my lips if you 'don't do romance', huh? Why did you come pick me up at that party if you 'don't do romance'? If you were true to your word, you wouldn't have thought about my safety or well-being; you would have thought of my body." I clear my throat. "Get out of my room."

~~~
hiya
votes and comments are very much appreciated :-)