Poem - Adrienette

Adrien walked down the street towards a familiar bakery, carefully holding a piece of paper. It was Valentine's Day, and Adrien had spent all night trying to write a perfect poem for Marinette. They had been together for more than two years and he wanted to give her something nice.

As he walked on the sidewalk, the wind started picking up. Suddenly, his poem flew out of his grasp and down the street.

"Wait! No! Stop!" Adrien yelled, but then he realized he was talking to an inanimate object.

The small piece of paper flew to the other side of the street, and Adrien dashed across the road. He was about to get hit by a car but luckily he spotted it and ran out of the way.

As the paper began to fly farther down the sidewalk, Adrien was beginning to lose hope. Oh no, I'm never going to get it back. I spent all night writing it and now it's gone. I'm not going to have a gift for Marinette and she's going to hate me.

As Adrien was thinking, he didn't realize that he was in the middle of the road. That poem finally came to a stop and was on the ground. Adrien picked up the paper, out of breath.

"Gotcha." He said triumphantly and smiling. It's too bad that he didn't notice the car coming this time, he felt and sharp pain all throughout his body and his vision blackened when he hit the ground.

~

Marinette was sitting on her couch, watching the news to see what was wrong with the world today. Then, a news reporter announced something that made Marinette go into complete shock.

"Adrien Agreste, son of famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, has been hit by a car and is now in the hospital."

Marinette got into her car and drove as fast as she could to the hospital. She checked in, got Adrien's room number, and ran as fast as she could to get to him.

She found his room and opened the door with tears running down her face. Apparently Adrien had a concussion and a broken foot.

"Oh my god kitty..." Was all Marinette could say as she made her way to the side of his bed.

"Hey there, bugaboo." Adrien said quietly as he smiled at her.

"What were you thinking!" Marinette said loudly. "You could have gotten killed! Do you know what I would have done if I had lost you!"

Adrien looked up at Marinette, seeing her broken state. Marinette pulled over a chair and sat next to his bed. Adrien pushed her head onto his chest and stroked her hair.

"Shh it's okay, it was worth it anyways." Adrien said as he pulled out the poem he wrote for Marinette.

She looked up at him and then down to the paper. She took it from him and read it in her head. Once she was finished, she put her hand over her mouth and looked at Adrien.

"Adrien... That was beautiful." She said lay her head back onto his chest. "I can't believe you got into this mess just because of a piece of paper."

"It was worth it, for you." Adrien said. Soon both of them fell asleep with Adrien holding the poem, making sure he didn't lose it this time.