8. bucky barnes

It had been a long journey to Wakanda from your new home in Seattle

It had been a long journey to Wakanda from your new home in Seattle. The move came after your refusal to sign the accords, but not willing to join Steve in the fight against your friends. Instead, you became Switzerland, who had weekly calls with Tony Stark to check in, and a direct line to Steve whenever the other needed to talk.

Though you could tell Steve was always holding back his true feelings on your pacifist lifestyle. At your refusal to help your boyfriend. You knew your power on either side of the fight would prove fatal to whoever had the unfortunate fate of meeting you. So you took yourself out of the fight.

Though Ross still continued to harass me demanding I give up Steve and the others. Especially after the breakout at the Raft where a couple of guards had been found with suspicious burn marks. Though you had no idea how that could be if you were in Texas, visiting relatives.

You took your final stretch and walked down the platform to see the beautiful buildings and the wonder that is Wakanda. And of course, T'Challa waiting for you, along with the Dora Milaje and Okoye just behind her King.

"Welcome back to Wakanda Miss Y/N, I'm glad you could be here to negotiate for us the terms of opening Wakanda to the U.N. Though they're still in the dark about what we can offer, they're quite confused as to why we've chosen a scientist for this. Especially one with your special abilities," he laughed to himself.

You grasped his extended hand in a handshake and gave Okoye a smile in greeting as you reached the entrance to the palace. "It's great to see you King T'Challa. I heard about the troubles you had only weeks ago, and I'm glad you've been so willing to accommodate me."

"Think nothing of that Y/N, it's always great to see a friend, no matter the circumstances. Plus we have a surprise for you!" T'Challa looked behind him as Shuri approached beaming at you.

"Enough with protocols brother! Y/N it's so great to see you!" she exclaimed, bringing you into a proper hug, that was slowly cutting off your air supply.

"Shuri I warned you of Y/N's presence so you could gather the proper items, not suffocate the poor girl!"

With a scoff, Shuri finally released you, took your elbow and guided you past her brother. When we got a good distance away, one of her hands released me to flip the bird at T'Challa, who promptly made a noise of outrage.

"I'm going to tell Mother!"

"Yeah yeah..."

***

"So what's my surprise again? And why did we have to visit the goats way out in the country to get it?"

As I said it, we reached the top of the hill that overlooked a beautiful stream and had a couple of huts scattered about.

Shuri nudged me and pointed at the hut closest to the stream, "You will find your surprise in the first hut there. And try to keep it quiet, children do live nearby!"

"That's cryptic but okay, I'll try I guess."

She just laughed and walked back towards the transporter jet we had borrowed. And I started my descent in the boots I had luckily remembered to pack. Towards the bottom, I misjudged how tall the grass really was and ended up tumbling on a large rock that had been hiding.

I had enough sense to remember to tuck and roll down the rest of the hill and suddenly felt like Sonic in a video game that young children play nowadays.

"That's definitely gonna leave a mark," you groaned as you sat on your butt catching a glimpse of your surprise laughing in the entryway of the hut.

"Bucky?"

"Hey doll face, it's nice to see you again."

At his statement, your pain subsided and you jumped off the floor, reaching him and his outstretched arms.

"How are you awake? I-I-I thought they weren't sure how to reverse what Hydra did? Nobody told me you were even defrosted!" And all I could do was hold him tighter, not believing that he was really there with me.

He lifted me from the middle and I wrapped my legs around him on habit. When he started walking towards what I assume was his hut I couldn't help but protest.

"I can walk you know! I swear I didn't twist an ankle or anything!" But Bucky just chuckled as we entered and plopped down on his surprisingly modern couch. Your legs were tangled in his and you leaned in to kiss him, a feeling you had missed for quite a while.

Bucky suddenly withdrew from the kiss and just looked at me. His stare was intense and it's something I hadn't seen since we were both on the run.

"Bucky?"

"I was scared you weren't going to visit me anymore. When Shuri told you she didn't know if she could reverse what they did, I saw the look in your eyes. You looked at me like I was.."

"Like what?"

"Damaged."

I quickly put my hand under his chin, making him look at me, and I could tell he truly believed he was damaged. Something you handled with kid gloves.

"Bucky, I was scared that day, because I didn't know if I was going to get back to the man that I love. I knew you would beat yourself up about everything that happened between Tony and Steve. But if you're damaged so am I. We were made the same way remember?"

Bucky continued to look at me with his puppy dog eyes and his smile.

"You could never be damaged, you're perfect to me."

"Do you not remember Germany in 1963?"

"Ok besides that, I still love you!"

I giggled and leaned into him, and he closed the gap between our lips.

Pretty soon he managed to pin me back to the couch and his lips were roaming my neck in quick sloppy kisses. Then his lips were working frantically at the sound of my whimpers. He had found my sweet spot and I knew where this was going.

"Is Shuri coming back for you any time soon?" he whispered huskily against my neck as shivers swept up and down my spine.

"N..n.no."

"Good, cause you're all mine for the next couple of hours."

Now I know what Shuri meant by keeping quiet.

**********

This was for scarletwxtches- !

I hope you liked it! And if ya'll didn't notice, this imagine actually ties into the new story I'm writing for Bucky!

Sorry, it got a little steamy and angsty at the end, but that comes with Bucky territory, right?

Let me know what ya'll think! And just a quick reminder that requests are still open until Wednesday! I moved the form up to the beginning of the book!

Love,

-A