WELCOME, Thetis

"Professor... you seem so sad these days. Is something the matter?" Minas asked her creator kindly. Her creator was an animal-based Reploid, designed to look like a platypus. He had designed a pack behind him with four extra hands- they were quite useful for reaching things the Professor could not, and for maneuvering rather complicated tasks.

For the past few days, he had been working on a new Reploid -his first in decades- and the longer he worked on it, the more distraught he seemed to get. Minas wasn't quite sure why, and the thought of it made her upset. She couldn't help her own creator when he had built her to help everyone- and it made her feel useless.

"The world is so different Cinna- Minas." the Professor sighed, almost calling her by her original name before she had been modified. "You were my only creation until I had a dream one night; the dream was about a young boy swimming through the ocean without a care in the world."

"But Professor... Reploids can not dream..."

"I know." the Professor agreed dimly. "This is what made the dream fascinating to me. I knew I had to build the boy from my dream, and I'm not sure how, but he must be connected to the waters of earth. It is his destiny."

"Destiny..." Minas muttered to herself as she looked over the new Reploid. Humans could have seen a rough ten year difference between her physical age and his, the truth behind that was much longer however. Minas was built before the Elf Wars and the fall of Neo Arcadia. The age difference between the two young Reploids spanned nearly forty years and then some.

The Reploid woman placed a kind hand on her 'brother's' forehead before moving it to the side a bit to trace the standard red marker. It reminded her of a certain hero from ages long past that she almost felt sad.

"Minas..." the Professor softly spoke, placing a gentle hand at her hip as he couldn't reach much higher, "Would you like to activate him?"

Minas turned her head to look at her creator and gave a wide, cheerful smile.

. . .

COMMENCING START UP SEQUENCE...

BEGIN MENTAL BOOT SEQUENCE...

MODEL IDENTIFICATION: PGAM-02

NICKNAME: Thetis

GENDER IDENTIFICATION: male

PERSONALITY IDENTIFICATION: ENFP-A

MENTAL BOOT SEQUENCE FINISHED...

BEGIN PHYSICAL BOOT SEQUENCE...

HEAD AND NECK MOVEMENT CHECK.... complete!

ARM MOVEMENT CHECK.... complete!

LEG MOVEMENT CHECK.... complete!

TORSO MOVEMENT CHECK... complete!

PHYSICAL BOOT SEQUENCE FINISHED

ALERT!! UNIT NEEDS EXTERNAL POWER UP SOURCE!!

EXTERNAL POWER UP SOURCE IDENTIFIED

TRANSFERRING POWER DATA FROM PGAM-01 (Cinnamon) TO PGAM-02 (Thetis)...

POWER TRANSFER COMMENCING... complete!

RESUMING START UP SEQUENCE...

ALL CHECKS COMPLETE... ALL OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS ONLINE...

BEGIN EYE OPENING ROUTINE...

WELCOME, Thetis...

. . .