Biometals are Mavericks

"I have no idea what it is," Marino then explained as she carefully picked the object up. "Kinda reminds me of one of those Guardians of Neo Arcadia, you know?"

"Who?" Minas inquired as she looked closer at the object. It was a pretty mystifying thing for her, however old she was, discovering new things were never boring.

"You wouldn't know, would you?" Marino questioned in return, sounding as if she had made some mistake. "See, about twenty-seven years ago there was this place called Neo Arcadia. It was led by Mega Man X (you remember him, don't you?) and four of his clone-ish children, dubbed the Four Guardians. Each of the Guardians had their own army in Neo Arcadia, and were each attune to a certain element- which kinda dictated where their armies were located. I only visited once or twice before hell broke loose and everyone in Neo Arcadia evacuated; I was caught by one of the Guardians before, Phantom I think his name was, it was truly an experience. A real... invigorating experience."

Minas looked at Marino and gave her a rather inquisitive, and accusatory, eyebrow raise.

"I'll tell you about it later." Marino informed her friend with a light blush. Minas's expression did not change.

"Can I see her?" Thetis requested, holding his hands for the Biometal, out in expectancy for Marino's compliance.

"Sure." she agreed with a shrug. Thetis carefully took Model L from Marino and looked at the Biometal closer.

"You talked to me earlier," he said to it, "Why?"

"No one was talking to you Thetis." Minas told him, both her and Marino giving him an odd look. But Thetis was ignoring them.

'It's 'cuz I like you.' Model L claimed, letting out a sound like a pretty little giggle. 'You see, we Biometals can scan folks to determine if we can MegaMerge with them.'

"What's a MegaMerge?" Thetis then asked.

'Oh! It's this really great thing where I get to give you a special kind of armor based on what I used to look like!'

"Does it hurt?" Thetis then inquired, earning Marino and Minas the right to give each other a worried glance. Who was he talking to?

"Thetis..." Minas then spoke up, causing Thetis to break his concentration with Model L to turn to his sister, "How about we show the Professor this..."

"Biometal." Thetis finished for her. "Model L is a Biometal."

"Right." Minas agreed, sounding rather unsure. "Let's go show the professor the Biometal."

Thetis nodded, clutching Model L tight and letting out a bright smile. "Sure!" he agreed. "Let's go!" And with that, he was out the door before Marino and Minas could wonder what had gotten into him.

. . .

"Biometal?" the Professor questioned, scratching his head in wonder. Thetis had been the one to explain Model L to him, but it was Minas's worried expression that informed the Professor that she feared her brother was broken. "I have honestly never heard of such a thing before. Can I take a closer look?"

"Sure!" Thetis enthused as he tried to hand Model L over to his creator. The Professor withdrew a screwdriver from behind him, while he used his other hand to hold Model L. Just barely connecting the screwdriver with the Biometal created a spark between them.

'Ow!' Model L remarked, 'That smarts...'

"Don't hurt her!" Thetis quickly declared, snatching the Biometal back from the Professor. The Reploid looked at Thetis quizzically, Minas also gave a small look of confusion.