2

Emily lied on my extra top bunk while I slept at the bottom. After trying to sleep, but failing, we both sighed. And laughed. 

      "I haven't seen you in ages." I repeated. Even without looking at her, I could almost get the sense she's smiling as well. 

     "You mean-- 3 years?" she replied. Of course. 

     "That's hardly ages Mousieur Watson." she spoke in a British accent.

      "No way to speak to your mother that way, young lady." I joked. There was a squeak. Then laughter. Her laugh was just like Junkai's, soft and melodic. When I thought of it logically, they actually suited each other pretty well. Somehow, that made me a little sad. Sad? That stopped me. Junkai. Argghhh. That wrinkly old man. I slapped my thoughts away. 

        "Emily? You still there?" I called. No answer. I pulled up my blankets closer. She's asleep, I thought, dejected. I was going to tell her, about Junkai and what he did. As I slipped slowly into sleep, I told myself: I tell her tomorrow, tomorrow. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

      "Girls! Late! AGAIN!" a faint voice called. It was too far away-- I couldn't really grasp the meaning-- they were just animal noises. . . 

      "GAAAHHHH!!" I yelled. "Who did that?" I was toppled over, on the floor. Harumph. I looked up to see my mom. 

       "Hah." I said stupidly with half closed eyes. "It was you." I pointed at her.

       If looks could kill, I would be dead a long time ago. I smiled. "Sorry, mom." I said it like it was no big deal and reached up to pat her on the head. My mom sighed. 

       "Emily's already awake, Fiona. She's been waiting for you."

       "Then why didn't you call me earlier!!" I hollered into her ear. 

       Another sigh. "I tried. But you didn't budge. I spent a whole 30 minutes trying to wake you, Fiona." 

      "Oh." I mumbled. "Thanks mom." I ran downstairs before she could answer. I grabbed Emily and tried to rush out the door. Emphasis on tried. Emily was eating all the way. Because of this reason, the bus was already gone by the time we got to the door. I groaned. 

      "Emmmillllyyyyyy" I said while dragging at her arm. "It's all your fault." I pouted. 

      She squeezed out of my grasp and ran to the food again. Facepalm. She came back her arms full of pancakes, granola bars, crackers, and. . . .

      "Okay." she panted. "I'm ready now." I ran forward, until I found out she wasn't moving. 

     "Hold some, will you?" she asked me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed half the load, running right afterwards. 

      "Hey hey hey! You're dropping some!" she sputtered behind me while I kept running. Now her only choice was to run along with me. Mwahahahaha. After a few minutes, we reached the school gate.

     "Hey. We're not that late." I said aloud. I looked over at Emily. She seemed emotionless. Then I looked at her and my empty arms. Oh. 

      "My babies!!" she wailed. I had to drag her again, to my disappointment. And I had to do it all the way to her locker. Food was definitely Emily's weakness. But unlike me, no matter how much she eats, her waist is still as thin as a super model's.