The zone

The zone.

This is the point where everything goes smoothly, it's like writing on a cloud, everything just fits in. It's really hard to find the zone, it's that point where your emotions burst through, and you might find yourself so scared, happy or even sad. Don't be surprised if you start crying.

That been said, how do you find yourself in the zone?

1) Find your time: A lot of people find it easy to read at night or early in the morning; the same applies here. I write best between 10PM and 8AM, what's yours time? Find it.

2) Find peace with thyself: You can't be writing when disturbed, It doesn't work that way. So leave that noisy place and go to a place where you have quiet and peace: it could be your roof (just don't fall!), at the beach, your room, the library. Find your spot.

3) Have your writing materials always: Some poets advice that you always use a pen and paper. Well, I think they are old fashioned. Anything that can help ranging from your phone to your laptop to your iPad can help. Always have them with you, you do not want to miss the zone.

Ok, where did I stop?

4) Learn to store emotions: You're in a lecture room, performing a surgery, having a meeting with those annoying business guys or fighting enemies in a war; you won't be able to write, and you need to concentrate on not killing the patient or not getting killed by your enemies. All you need to do is to discard with that emotion and store it deep within. You do this so that you can replay your emotions so that you can get it back when you need it. It's easy by memorizing the first few lines.