Chapter 3 - Pull Out Game a Little Too Strong In This Instance

There was a party thrown in the knight's honor.

Not Merlin. Just the knights.

Typical.

Although if he were to just take off his shirt, running around screaming that he saved the King's life with sorcery would not go down well. He would be burned at the stake and then as he watched above, his mother's tears would be streaming down her face.

No. That didn't sound like the greatest thing to do. Merlin knows things, so of course he would go through with his...idea.

So he just stayed quiet, refilling Arthur's wine cup and staying by his side.

As well as make sarcastic comments under his breath and make fun of Arthur when he said anything too...fresh.

[fresh is an inside joke we have in my class]

An hour passed into the party and nothing too interesting happened. As long as you don't consider a noblelady falling straight into a table and breaking it, making everything fall off one end and on to the floor, interesting.

No one helped her up, as well. People were so nice, weren't they. As well as getting sloshed, but that was beside the point.

It seemed people were throwing this party to honor the hunting party that took down twelve knights, and in the same amount, throwing this party to get absolutely sloshed.

The noblelady still on the floor was proof of that. Someone should help her up, though. Seriously.

Just then, the doors burst open and a man with a prince's crown walked in, long hair reaching his neck, bouncing as he walked.

Arthur pulled out of the table to greet the newcomer. His pull out game was a little too strong this instance as the chair toppled to the ground. The intoxication helped a little in this predicament, as well.

"I apologize, sir?..." Arthur trailed off, intoxicated brain running really slow...much Interent Explorer. Miley what's good?

"Sir Iero, King Pendragon."

He looked at Arthur in a disaproving way, like looking at a five year old that got into your champagne/cocaine/gasoline mix. For shame, kid.

"I am very familiar with you, as you are a neighboring potential ally, but I have to say, I am not familiar with the fey looking man behind you."

Merlin was staring blankly across the room, but when he heard himself mentioned, he snapped to attention like a rubber band.

"Surely you can't be serious? You find Merlin attractive?" Arthur asked in a confused, petulant voice.

"Of course. He is beautiful."

Merlin went red.

"Oh, uh...I don't know about that," trailed Merlin, embarrased.

Arthur glanced at Merlin.

"Nonsense! You are gorgeous. Simply beautiful."

He was looking at his feet, red-faced and offly...cute?

No. Not cute. Plain. Ordinary. Not other-wordly beautiful level that could not be matched by any other.

Bugger.

Arthur was attracted to Merlin.

And there was a rival for his affections.

Bollocks.

[seriously what is my writing style it's all over the place like ! pick ! a ! style ! 1 ! 1 ! and i think the paragraphs are too short but that could be just me so]