Chapter 4 - Arthur Was Unhappy

Arthur was very unhappy. Very unhappy indeed.

For his manservant was otherwise busy showing Sir...Iero the castle, as he wanted no one but Merlin.

Arthur was unhappy.

What was Arthur supposed to do, then?

Challenge him to a duel, win and that be that?

No.

It would all have to depend on how Merlin responded to the wooing, and so far, he wasn't running for the hills.

And plus. Even if Arthur did challenge Iero to a duel, Arthur would win, and that would damage the relationship between potential allies if he took it badly.

And on the offhand, slight, just slight, far off chance that Arthur lost, and Merlin responded to the wooing, he would be lost to Arthur forever.

So.

Arthur was unhappy.

Merlin truly was irreplaceable.

Saving his life once a week with the help of sorcery dug a thorn so wickedly in the side of Arthur that if he ever lost Merlin he would go ballistic.

Arthur discovered this little tidbit about Merlin when his food was warm when he didn't touch it for hours after.

And the logic just came barrelling in. The fallen logs. Enemies tripping at opportune times.

The moron. Sweet, thoughtful moron. Who had a death wish.

But.

Merlin is the only one who doesn't take any crap from him. When he thinks Arthur is being an idiot amd not thinking, he'll go flat out and say it.

Arthur respects that, but at times Merlin is a little too opinionated for his own good and could get in serious trouble one day for it.

So...Merlin was too pure for this world, in short. Too precious.

Arthur was so whipped. He admitted it. So. There.

[writing exhausts me we have a love/hate relationship okay and OiTNB season 4 finale fucked me up who agrees

and today when my math/science teacher left the room we moved the desks to the side and went into the middle of the room and when she came back in we chanted "BEE MOVIE"

our entire class is a meme]