Stiles Imagine

Being with Stiles Stilinski is like hearing your old favorite song. Exciting and comforting.

When I met Stiles, my father had just left for war. He would be on a 16 month tour. Me and my dad were pretty close, the thought of not being with him for 16 months was gutting.

But along came Stiles, and he didn’t take the pain away completely, nothing could take away the fear. But he distracted me and allowed me to have fun through the pain. He dulled the pain that was ever present in my body.

1 week.

There was one week left, and then my father would come home. Stiles was over at my house, helping me plan a coming home party.

“You should serve mac and cheese.” He said trying to balance a pen on the bridge of his nose.

“Why?” I questions. “I was thinking about burgers or chili.” I added after smacking the off his nose. My hand slightly graving his cheek, where he took it and held it for a bit before dropping it.

“They probably serve that stuff nonstop there. You need a home cooked meal. And then you need to tell how much I helped with this to get him to like me.” He input, and then grabbed the pen from the floor.

“Are you nervous to meet him?” I asked.

“I don’t know Sarah, the guy just got home from war, and there is this lanky sarcastic shit attached to his once pure daughter. You tell me.” He said.

“He is going to love you, trust me.” I replied.

1 hour.

“Stiles are you sure they aren’t too salty?” I asked putting a spoonful of mashed potatoes to his mouth again. He took the spoon in his mouth.

“They are delicious he will love them, and if he doesn’t, more for me.” He said before getting a larger spoonful and placing the spoon back in his mouth.

“Oh god what if he doesn’t like them, do you think we made enough food? Should we have gotten green balloons? Green was his third favorite color, I have to go to the store and get them.” I said frantically going to get my car keys.

“Sarah stop! He will love everything. He won’t even care if the potatoes are too salty because he can hug his daughter again. He can go to sleep and not have to worry about being shot. The color of the balloons will be the last thing on his mind, because he’ll see you and your mom, and nothing else will matter. Trust me. I love you I wouldn’t lie to you.” Stiles spoke, grabbing my hands and hold them by my sides.

“You said you love me.” I stated.

“Because I love you.” He replied.

“You’ve never said that before.” I said not looking at him.

“I know, I’m saying it now.” He said kissing my cheek.

“I love you too.” I said kissing him with everything.

“Is there room for two men in your heart?” A voice said behind me. Tears had formed in my eyes before I even turned around.

~

Everyone had gone home, only Stiles remained. I was helping clean up, and out of the corner of my eye I could see him shaking hands with my father.

He walked over to me, picking up a few plates on the way over.

“What was that about?” I asked.

“He told me that he appreciated me taking care of you while he was gone.” He replied handing me the plates.

“I also want to thank you for what you said earlier. I wouldn’t have lasted the last 16 months without you Stiles.” I said looking him in the eyes.

“It’s what you do for the people you love. And I love you.” He said drying some of the dishes I had already washed.

“Say that again.” I stated.

“I love you Sarah”

I smiled. “That will never get old.” I said kissing him.

“Oh yes it will, when we are married and I do something stupid and all I have to say is I love you, it will be old.” He said smiling with that boyish grin.

“Shut up and kiss me you goon.”