I'll Take This Pain - Chapter 12

"I can't get over you,
You left your mark on me,
I want your heart, love and emotion endlessly.
- Hold on We're going home by Drake ft. Majid Jordan

Recap : "I love you." was the last thing I heard him say then I fell into the land of dreams with Caleb's arms wrapped around my waist and my heart soaring high.

Chapter 12

I was walking down a dark alley way, it was so dark that you couldn't see anything at all. You just had to follow your senses which would all perk up in these type of circumstances. The alley just seemed to go straight as I trailed my fingers along the brick wall. 

Suddenly there was a cold breeze that passed right beside me like someone just ran next to me. I shivered and looked behind me but it was too dark for me to see anything. I continued to slowly walk forward in my old tattered Converse like I was walking over a very narrow and unstable plank. I felt something sticky and wet under my shoe that made me stumble a little but I gained my balance. I stepped back and squatted down in the dark and felt around for the wet puddle that I stepped in. After finally locating it, I touched it and I put it up to my nose and sniffed. 

It smelled like copper. And the only thing that smelled like copper, that could be sticky and wet was blood. Blood on the floor. I wiped the sticky blood on the wall, stood up and continued to walk straight with my hand trailing along the wall. I heard distant voices ahead and continued to walk faster, following the voices. As I got closer the voices got louder and there was a small ray of light there. It was like a ray of hope or something. 

I slowly walked nearer then I heard their conversation. 

"Where is she? Tell me now." A man in a black hood said to a woman who was tied to a chair with tears running down her cheeks. The woman shook her head indicating that she won't be telling him where 'she' is and then he slapped her. 

I gasped softly as the woman's face went to the right. She shook with silent tears and hiccuped. The man runs his hand through his hair and then gripped her neck. 

"Tell me where Scarlett Rose Davis is. Right now or I will kill you." He said as he tightened his hands around her neck. Immediately, questions flooded into my head. 

Why was he looking for me and why did he have to torture the woman to find me? 

"She's with her mate. The Alpha of the pack." She choked out. After she said that, he let go of her neck and gripped her chin with his palm as his fingers digged into her cheek, making her look like a fish. He stepped nearer to her and growled.

"Which Alpha?" he snarled in her face.

"Al-Alpha of the Broken Shadows Pack. Al-Alpha Caleb Asher." she stuttered. I crouched down and crawled closer to the side of the wall so that I could see the scene clearer. I realized that there were many more big buff guys guarding the alley that led to an empty road.

The guy in the hood took out a gun from a holder and pointed it to her forehead. Her eyes widened as she saw the gun that was pointed to her forehead and started shaking as more tears spilled out of her eyes.

"Well, I got to say thank you for your help. You really helped me. Any last words?" He said with a smirk. There was an eerie silence for a few seconds. He walked forward and put the barrel right on her forehead. He's going to kill her.

"No last words? I guess that's okay because I won't be passing your words anyways." He said then a bang ripped through the eerie silence. Her head jerked then lolled to the side, a hole in her forehead with blood trailing out of her eyes and dripped to the floor.