I'll Take This Pain - Epilogue

"If I die young ; bury me in satin, 
lay me down in a bed of roses,
sink me in the river at dawn,
send me away with the words of a love song."
- If I Die Young by The Band Perry

Epilogue

Scarlett Davis died a few hours after her last kiss with her mate.She didn't feel anything at all, it was just like going to sleep. She died in her mate's arms and he was very traumatized. He didn't go any further than kissing her because he knew that she didn't want it and he wouldn't force her into something she didn't want. 

She told him that she forgives him for everything he ever did to her and she still loves him no matter what. Caleb was so shocked when Scarlett suddenly went limp in his arms and stopped breathing. He started panicking and couldn't stop the tears that started clouding up his eyesight. 

He was shouting her name while shaking her but then he knew that she was gone. He had to accept the fact that she was gone too. He started shouting so loudly that Nina, Lindsay, Tom and Sarah came running into the room. 

Caleb's voice cracked and his shouts became sobs that wracked his body. He felt his heart being torn from his body and then the pain was so bad that he keeled over. It was the breaking of their bond. Caleb grinded his teeth together as the pain increased and suddenly stopped. 

Lindsay Davis was shocked when she ran into the room to see her sister lying emotionless on the bed with Caleb shouting in agony. She rushed to her sister's side and tried to shake her. Lindsay felt tears roll down her cheeks as she continued shaking her sister, shouting at her to wake up. But her sister just laid there, emotionless. 

Tom Davis and Sarah Davis was just standing there, looking at their daughter who was dead. After all the things they did to her, they now regretted it. They missed the happy times that they spent together with their daughter, watching her grow up into a beautiful young woman. 

Nina was shocked that Caleb didn't mate with Scarlett or that Scarlett didn't let Caleb mate with her. Nina missed Scarlett very much. Although Nina met Scarlett for awhile, Nina knows that if Scarlett got to live longer. She would have grown into a beautiful young woman who has a loving kind heart and she would also be an amazing Luna. 

** 

Today was the day of Scarlett's funeral. Caleb, Lindsay, Tom and Sarah were still very shaken up by Scarlett's death. Everyone in the pack was wearing black and they all had sober expressions on their face. They were all very shocked when Alpha Asher announced the death of their Luna. No one took the news properly. They had all grown used to and accepted Scarlett as their Luna. 

Scarlett's body was in a coffin under a giant tent. There were roses everywhere, in her coffin and outside. Scarlett was dressed in a beautiful long black dress that brought out her figure and made her look beautiful. They didn't put much makeup for her because Caleb didn't want them to. They made her hair curly and her braid in cornrow braids. 

Caleb was in a dark suit that made him look very manly, he looked a thousand years older than he actually is. Lindsay was in a long black dress that looked like Scarlett's dress. Nina, Tom and Sarah were in black clothing as well. Everyone was walking up on stage and took a look at Scarlett's body.

Some were touching her, some were kissing her forehead. Caleb walked up to the stage and kissed Scarlett's lips. 

"Wait for me. I promise I'll come." He whispered as he walked off the stage. Lindsay was next in line, she walked up the stage with single rose. She put the rose in Scarlett's hand and closed her palm.

"Scar. I miss you." She said as she kissed her sister's forehead. Nina walked up and she touched Scarlett's cheek. 

"Scarlett. You didn't have to die. I told you to let him mate you, why didn't you listen to me? I promise I'll take care of Sean." Nina promised and walked off the stage. Tom and Sarah walked up onto the stage, Tom was supporting Sarah who was weak at the knees. Sarah cried as she kissed her daugther's cheeks. Tom was clutching Scarlett's hands in his. 

"Scarlett. I'm so sorry for everything we did to you." Sarah whispered as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Tom supported Sarah as they walked down the stage, away from Scarlett's coffin. When everyone was seated,  a pastor walked up to the stage and started talking.

"Scarlett Rose Davis was a smart, strong and beautiful young woman. She lived for 17 years and there were many bumps in the way but she still lived through them. She has now joined our Lord in Heaven and she will be missed on Earth. She was treasured and cherish on Earth and she will be taken care of in Heaven. Now, will Caleb, Scarlett's mate, please say something about Scarlett." Caleb took a deep breath and walked up on stage. 

"Scarlett was the strongest woman I ever met in my life. We may have had a limited time together but I loved her very much. I may have treated her badly before I knew she was my mate but I still love her very much. Sometimes I may mess things up big time but she was always there to forgive me. I may have hurt her many times but she still loved me and I am just so happy for that. Scarlett, you may be gone from Earth now but you'll forever be in my heart.

I can't believe you're gone. One minute, you were happily laughing at me and then you were dead after that. I just wanted to say that, after all those times that I've hurt you. All those times that I've wounded you. How did you find it in yourself to forgive a jerk like me? Also, are you going to wait for me when I get up there? Please wait for me." He said as tears clouded his vision. He didn't know what to say anymore and walked off the stage. The next to go on stage was Lindsay. She had tears trailing down her cheeks and she didn't look like the old Lindsay anymore. She was wearing a long dress that didn't show much of her skin except for her shoulders and arms.

"Scarlett was the best sister ever and I never even noticed. She was always there for me. She loved me even though I was horrible to her. She forgave me after everything. She died because of my ego and need to be a Luna. I wish that I had at least a moment with my sister again. I still remember the last day before she died, she asked my parents and I to gather in the Alpha's office to talk. She fought for me to get the Luna title although I'm not suppose to be the Luna.

She walked up to me and said, "You may have a bloated head, thinking highly of yourself but you're still my sister. No matter what you made me go through, you are still my sister. I still love you. We had limited memories but they were the best I ever had. I hope that your mate won't kill you for mating and getting marked by another guy but yeah. I still love you loads and every time I look at you, I see the four year old little girl dreaming about being a Luna. I see the four year old little girl who ate sweets everyday and got on a sugar high." and I felt my eyes tear up. I started crying because even though it wasn't going through my head, my sister was about to die. 

The elder sister that I loved and cherished even though I never showed it. She wiped my tears gently and then exited the room. That was the first time that Scarlett has ever touched me after so many years of me ignoring her. The feel of warmth and just love radiated from her fingers. I wished that I could have hugged my sister for the last time. I really miss her." Lindsay said as she started crying more. Her tears just spilled over and didn't stop. She tried her best to wipe them away but she couldn't because more just came spilling over. After Lindsay got off the stage, Tom and Sarah went on.

"Scarlett was the best daughter anyone could ever get. We treated her badly but she still respected us and loved us deeply. We agreed to making Scarlett the Omega when she was 12 and we never objected. We never protected and loved Scarlett but instead, we went along with everyone and treated her badly too. I regret everything now but it's too late to regret." Sarah said as Tom nodded along. Tom had nothing to say, he still couldn't process everything that was happening. Everything was moving too fast. Everyone that knew Scarlett came up and gave a speech and then sat back at their seats. 

- After the burial - 

Caleb couldn't take it. It was too painful to have your mate die. Caleb was curled up on Scarlett's bed, tossing and turning while breathing in her scent. He continued tossing and turning when he heard the pillow produce a ruffling sound. Like a paper ruffling sound. He sat up and shook the pillow. A piece of paper fell out and he picked it up. He opened the folded paper and started reading the words on it.

"Dear Caleb, 

I know you're reading this. I might be dead now and I just wanted to tell you that I love you. No matter what you did to me. I know I may have repeated this a hundred times but I really do. I forgive anything you ever did to me and I don't regret forgiving you. You were the best poison ever to be given to anyone. 

You not only provided poison but you provided love, warmth and security. I may have done many stupid things but I actually don't regret those silly things either. Those silly things made me learn how precious life is and how much you should cherish the ones you love. You were a beautiful nightmare. I still remember the day you rejected me. You said you would love me no matter who I was but then you changed immediately when you saw my face. 

I have a monster inside me and it just keeps getting stronger. Even if I don't die today, maybe later on I'll die a crueler death. I went happy Caleb. Dying in your arms was a great way to go. Surrounded by warmth, love and security that I needed. I was insecure, very insecure but then being with you made all those insecurities go away for awhile.

Don't die just to be with me Caleb. Even if I'm gone in physical form, I'll still be there in your heart Caleb. I don't have to be strong but I'll Take This Pain. 

I love you,
Scarlett Rose."

[A/N: Damnnnnnnnnnnnn. I'm so proud of ITTP, after 6 months of lazy writing it has finally been finished. ITTP is the first book I ever finished and I'm just so happy! I just hope you guys are glad. You guys can spam the comments below and I wouldn't even mind bc you guys have the right to. 

Now I will send this into the Wattys and just let me wish that you guys will support ITTP. I just hope that you guys will stay and not leave after ITTP and support Butterflies.

Truth 4 Author : 

1. @shaz4ever : Are you sad or happy that ITTP is nearly over? Is it a relief to get these obsessed fans off your back or sad cause you love us that much?

- To be honest, I really am torn between happy and sad that ITTP has ended. I mean, ITTP is the first book I ever finished and after 6 months, I've grown closer to Scarlett. And it's sad because I won't get to read the lovely comments that you guys send us. I really do enjoy reading comments because they all make me smile and I'm just really proud and happy. (Gurl, you can be an interviewer.)

2. @mazerunners : If you had limited time to live and the guy you've hated the most in the world had to save you. What would you do?

- Ahaha. I'd rather die. True shit bro.

Ask me loads of questions please bc I want to put a Q&A next. Try to put it mosty on ITTP. Just, thank you for all the support and love you guys gave me. I can't. *sobs*  ]

© 2013 by Sophie_Valerie. All Rights Reserved